Chapter V: Intense Reunions and a Wolf from Space

Five figures entered after the butler, who Libby finally found out was named Angelo (she decided to stick with Creepy Baldo #1). They were all richly dressed, decorated in fine material and jewels, which drastically differed from the woolen and cotton clothing they had been wearing only a few days ago. 'It can't be,' Libby thought, her stomach lurched at the sight and she wanted to rub her eyes to see if this were just a dream, she subtly pinched herself, nope this was indeed real.

Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, and Rebekah stood there in all their glory not looking a day over 800. They had a young friend with them, a man of African descent with pearly white teeth and a kind face. Sir Robert crossed the room to welcome his guests warmly, "My dear friends, welcome to the Torchwood Estate." He clasped hands with Elijah who gave a charming smile, "Robert, it is always a pleasure to visit Torchwood. I hope you don't mind us bringing a plus one. This is Marcellus Gerard; he is a family friend." Sir Robert nodded politely and extended his hand towards the man, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Gerard. Please let me introduce some of my other guests." He gestured for the family and their friend to come deeper into the room; by this point, Libby had silently departed from Victoria's side to stand near her brother the two mentally communicating to each other incredulously; both were wondering how they were seeing their friends from the Old World who, to be frank, should be rotting in the ground.

Sir Robert led his new guests towards the queen, "My lords and lady, allow me to introduce you to Her Majesty, Queen Victoria." The Mikaelsons bowed before beginning their introductions to the monarch, Libby stared slightly confused when Niklaus was introduced as Klaus (she preferred Nik). Sir Robert also introduced them to Captain Reynolds and when he laid eyes on the Time Lords he beckoned them to come forward, "And of course the Queen's Protector the Doctor and his sister Miss Libby." The Mikaelsons and Marcel (Marcellus had one too many syllables for Libby's taste so she deemed him, Marcel or possibly even Marcie, that was up in the air for now) froze as well taking in the Time Lords. When Niklaus laid his eyes on Libby his face morphed from a look of boredom to one of admiration with a tiny sliver of guilt and went to step forward. He was stopped, however, by Kol who whispered something into his brother's ear; the blonde man's face then shifted to an expression of melancholy and regret as he gazed upon Libby sadly.

The Doctor approached the family, "Spiffy! Jolly good to meet your acquaintance." Libby shook her head at her brother's use of the wrong terminology for the time period, she swallowed her nervousness, "Forgive my brother, he's had a long day chasing his 'timorous beastie' up and down hills and is heavily sleep-deprived. It is a pleasure to meet you." The Time Lady watched as the rest of the Mikaelson's, besides Kol and Niklaus, and their friend's manners changed as if they finally realized something. Elijah stepped forward, "It is a pleasure indeed to meet you, Doctor and Miss Libby," he shook the Time Lord's hand before taking Libby's in his and pressed a small kiss to the back of her hand. The Time Lady rose a brow almost wanting to laugh at Niklaus' facial expression after his brother kissed her hand, "Let me introduce my family and our friend, this is my sister Rebekah," Rebekah nodded politely to the aliens her eyes shining in happiness but also caution.

"My brothers, Klaus and Kol," the two men also nodded their heads, "And finally, our friend Marcellus." Marcel stepped forward to shake hands with both the Doctor and Libby, "You can call me Marcel." 'Yes!' Libby grinned mentally to herself, he shortened his name to Marcel, now she didn't have to call him by his One-Too-Many-Syllable name. Before either of the Time Lords could reply Angelo (Creepy Baldo #1) appeared, "Your Majesty, Lords and Ladies dinner is served."

***

The whole dinner affair was seemingly going along smoothly, however, a well-trained eye could see the tension that radiated between Sir Robert's American guests and the two Time Lords. The Creepy Angelo had just informed everyone that Rose would be delayed for a bit longer due to her finding proper clothing. Libby's brother smiled, "Oh, that's all right. Save her a wee bit of ham." Libby glared at her brother before returning her eyes to her plate and zoned out of the conversation; she couldn't bring herself to glance up in case she ended up clashing eyes with the Mikaelson family.