Change of Plans

🍊🥂🍾

🍊🥂🍾

The women laughed uncontrollably. They looked forward to their bi-weekly Saturday gatherings with glee. Each felt a bit tipsy, for they were already four Mimosas into brunch and the fifth was to be brought out shortly.

"Okay, okay, okay! So I met a man." The one woman exhaled, bubbling with excitement.

Their laughter had finally faded.

"Of course, here we go." The other woman said.

The third woman reminded, "Right? She's always meeting a man."

The one woman gave an unsettling expression. She knew that she was being judged by her friends. However, she also knew that if anyone could judge her, the two who knew her best would do it justly.

"How are you living with a man and still manage to meet men? Can I get just one man," asked the other woman.

The one woman exclaimed, "No, this man is different!"

With a chuckle, the third woman said, "I sure hope so because I refuse to buy another ugly bridesmaid dress. Five is enough. I'm dreading the possibility of six but seven? No! We never even make it to the wedding."

"Seriously. He's different. We talked and he knew things about me that I didn't share with him. He told me things as if he was a prophet."

"A prophet?! Girl, please. A player sounds more like it. A slick talking pimp is more likely."

"He said that if I should believe him, be with him, follow him; he will give me Living Water and I will thirst no more."

Again, the other woman and the third woman exploded into uncontrollable laughter.

Then the other woman finally spoke, saying, "Because at this point the thirst is too real."

Ironically, the waiter arrived with three more Mimosas at that moment.

"Ladies." He greeted.

The third woman said, "Change of plans. Can we have three glasses of water?"

The other woman added, "Living Water. Do you serve Living Water here?"

Blushing, the one woman rested her forehead into her hands and sighed, "I need new friends. Fix it Jesus."

The End.
Reference John 4:1-30 (NIV)

So be it. Amen. 💟

✝️🙏🏾