Chapter 14

As Y/N lunges at him, Tony dodges and tries once more to reason with you. "Please, Y/N! It's me! It's your Tony!" He pleads as he lifts his right hand that's shaking worse than it ever has before to shoot a powerful blast towards Y/N. Tony pleading with you does not have the effect he had desired though. In fact, it had the exact opposite effect and seemed as if it just pissed you off more as you threw yourself as him faster and harder. Tony lets out a sob as he sends a powerful blast straight towards you but miraculously you manage to roll out of the way and he almost cries with relief until he remembers that he still has to basically take you out of commission any way that he can so that you won't continue to hurt people to get to him.

"What the hell do you want?!" He finally yells after several long, tense hours of battle. This simple question is what stops you in your tracks. Not the many blasts that he'd hurled your way, not him flinging you through a tree, not even all the wounds and possible broken bones that you'd gotten. As you both stood there breathing hard you tilted your head again with that same hateful expression on your face and then spat a mouth full of blood on the ground and growls in perfect Russian that Tony was quite sure the last time he saw you, you most certainly did not know, "Я хочу, чтобы ты умер, Железный Человек (I want you dead Iron Man)."

As Friday quickly translates what you'd just said to him his blood runs completely cold and he knows that there is no saving you. He'd have to end you to end this fight and tears blur his vision as he comes to this heartbreaking realization. "If there's anything left of Y/N in there, please know that I'm so sorry for what I'm about to have to do. I love you so much baby girl." He manages to choke before he throws himself completely into the fight. As he does so your eyes light up with a malicious, evil sparkle and a dark grin is plastered across your face as you flip backward, and the fight begins again only on a more brutal scale. It seems like hours have passed as branches of the trees around you fell and were used by both Y/N and Tony as weapons against each other.

Tony raises his hand to fire an energy blast at you as you jump from one of the many large boulders with your lethal-looking knife in hand when he is blinded by a bright white light then everything goes cold and dark. "Tony? Tony!" A female's voice says softly in his ear. Tony groans and immediately regrets it as his stomach gives him only a moment's warning and he opens his eyes and rolls over and grabs the trash can beside the hospital bed and retches into it as the entire contents of his stomach evacuate his system. "Fuck me I hate throwing up." He groans as he grabs the cup of water that's offered to him by his mother. He washes his mouth out with the first cup then has her refill the cup and slowly sips on it to calm his roiling stomach.

"So, what's the damage?" He finally says as he puts the cup down on the tray in his lap. It's then that he realizes that it isn't just his mother that is in the room with him and he isn't in a hospital. He's in his own bed in the Avengers compound and every single Avenger is crowded around his bed. "Uh...guys?" He says with a note of worry creeping into his voice. As he looks around, he notices that none of them are looking directly at him and it dawns on him that the bright light he saw must have been his chest reactor firing at the same time as his palm reactor and that only meant one thing. "She's gone." He says with a finality that broke even the toughest of Avenger's hearts. He watches as Natasha leans against Bucky and begins sobbing even though she looks like she'd been crying for several hours and Bucky wraps his arms around her as Steve and Sam rub her back. Thor, Valkyrie, Bruce, and Loki are all standing beside Sam with their arms clasped behind their backs with their heads bowed in reverence. Clint is sitting on the edge of the table with his legs crossed and tears streaming silently down his face while his wife kisses him on the top of the head. Wanda and Vision are standing behind them next to Ant-Man, Wasp, Dr. Strange, Wong, Okoye, Shuri, T'Challa, and everyone else he'd ever fought with.

"Fuck!" He sobs as the tears begin to pour and Maria looks over at Howard with a pleading look on her face then says, "It's...she's...Sweetheart, it's complicated." Tony looks up at her with eyes full of self-hate and anguish and says, "What do you mean it's complicated? She's either dead or alive." Tony's mother took a deep breath and looked at his father, then to him and says, "She's very much alive but she's not in good shape at all. Physically, she has some scrapes and bruises but it's her mind that we're worried about." Tony immediately shoots up out of bed and begins yanking electrodes off of him causing several machines to start blaring. Many of the Avengers try to stop him from getting out of bed, but it was of no use as Tony bolts from the room then stops once he gets to the elevator and says, "Friday?" The AI immediately knows what he is asking and replies, "She's downstairs in one of the solitary confinement rooms."

Tony's eyes darken as this information is processed and he bolts to the other elevators and is in them and down twenty floors before the others can catch up to him. When Steve finally does catch up to him Tony is going almost as bat shit insane as (Y/N) is in the confinement cell. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, ROGERS?!" Tony screams when he looks up at the sound of footsteps. "Tony, we were gonna tell you but..." Steve starts but is cut off. "WHEN?! WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?! WHEN YOU COULD NO LONGER AFFORD TO KEEP HER A SECRET?! FUCKING LOOK AT HER!!! SHE'S LITERALLY FIGHTING HERSELF!?" Tony roars as he jabs a finger towards the two-inch-thick glass cell you were now housed in and the Avengers that hadn't seen what shape you were in before either turn ghost white or gasp as tears spring to their eyes as they watch you scream and thrash in the straight jacket that you are in.

"LET ME GO! I HAVE TO FINISH THE MISSION! NO YOU DON'T YOU TRIED TO KILL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE! LET ME GO YOU STUPID BITCH!" You scream at the top of your lungs as you thrash in the corner of the room. "You will find a way to fix this or so help me God I will destroy everything you love. I fucking told you assholes before I left for London in the first place that she was only to be sent as a last resort because I fucking knew some shit like this was going to happen. You have one week." Tony says in a deathly quiet voice before storming out leaving everyone in stunned silence, the only person making any noise is you who is still screaming in the cell.