٣

- don't be a silent reader -
- i should really start with the drama, it's already the third chapter -

"mom i don't want to be late to jimin's birthday party, can you please freaking hurry up!"

"i'm coming hold you horses."

taehyung groaned audibly. he knew he shouldn't have expected reaching to jimin's house early, he was always late to all parties that he was invited to. taehyung had a bit of hope he would be able to reach early this time since he woke up extra early to get ready, but maybe not.

taehyung was on the bridge of pulling out all his hair out of frustration, "mom, i swe-"

"i'm here."

rushing to the car, the frustrated brunnete's mother started the ignition and reversed out their garage. after a minute of driving to their designated place, his mother inquired, "did you buy him a gift."

now, giving a gift to an eighteen years old sounds like a trivial excuse to waste money, but the routine of giving gifts to each other no matter how old they were seemed like a tradition to taehyung and jimin.

taehyung banged his head against the car window, "i forgot."

"now who told you to give him so many chocolates before?"

it was true, today wasn't jimin's real birthday. it had passed on tuesday, but due to tuesday being a school day, jimin decided to postpone his birthday party to saturday.

though taehyung understood jimin's excuse to postpone, he couldn't live with the fact that his friend was going to go through his birthday like any other day, so he made it his mission to remind him that it's his birthday after every class.

the day before the male's birthday, taehyung went to a local store and bought a lot of chocolate, almost spending all his 15,621.68 ₩ ( about 13.21$ ) pocket money.

taehyung didn't find it reasonable to go to his house and go like, "so i'm just gonna crash here and i don't have your gift, love you."

making a quick turn, taehyung's mother shoved some money to taehyung demanding him to get some reasonable amount of chocolate, and taehyung did so since he wanted to get to jimin's house quickly.

upon arriving to his destination, taehyung eagerly waved his mother away and rang the house bell, which was answered by jimin.

"tae, you came, i thought you died."

taehyung chuckled nervously, "yeah, my mother couldn't find your house."

now that wasn't a lie. during the whole drive his mother kept on questioning whether jimin's house was even real. taehyung was fed up with her inquiries to an extent where he was about to throw her out and drive to his destination himself.

"come in."

"did anyone else arrive?"

"julie."

taehyung felt nervous, but at the same time he felt guiltily excited to see what jimin's house withheld for him.

the two shared a few jokes and good laughs as they made their way to jimin's room, which was on the top most floor.

"julie!"

taehyung exclaimed and hugged the slightly shorter female, "why did you leave without telling me!"

"I'm so sorry, it was all so sudden."

taehyung hummed, indicating that the apology was excepted but he wasn't happy about it. no matter how many times taehyung tried to tell himself it wasn't julie's fault, he couldn't help but still be a little disappointed at her.

taehyung scrutinized the room, that was, until his gaze lingered on the television, which seemed to be connected to jimin's laptop.

it was currently displaying jimin's chats on messenger, who was currently spamming the rest of the friends whether they were coming or not.

"is anyone even coming?"

jimin complains were ongoing when the bell had rang for the second time, indicating someone was outside.

"i'm coming!"

jimin's loud voice was to sure resonate around the house.

just before the two of the friends could get to talking, taehyung's phone rang.

taehyung quailed at the ringtone.

taehyung didn't like it when he used to get calls since he didn't like picking the phone up in public, he was always awkward when it came to talking when people were watching, even if it was only for ordering take out. and no, taehyung's ringtone wasn't something to be embarrassed of, but he just didn't like the sound. he would always want to mute his phone, but his mother always persuaded him to not do so.

"eh, excuse me."

taehyung rushed out, a frown etched on his face when he noticed the unknown number his phone was basically blinding him with.

- this all happened irl, i did buy my friend lots of chocolates, she was so close to slapping me -

- if you like the chapter please vote and comment -