I'll Wait for You in Paradise

The Arthurian Legend tells about a boy named Arthur Pendragon who later became a king. He was a knight before becoming the King of Camelot after taking hold of the Excalibur and Caliburn who was said to signify his sovereignty. Beside him was the woman who had been there since he was young, Proto Merlin. She had been a mother to him for as long as he could remember. He never got married, but even had a child from magecraft, a half homunculus son, Mordred, courtesy of his sibling, Morgan who was a wizard. The King made Camelot prosperous, yet he was not happy, for deep inside him, he yearns for something he couldn't even point out. Proto Merlin would often joke around with that, saying that he should find a lady he can wed, but Arthur dismisses the thought. Instead he prepares Mordred to be his heir. This was his difference from his female counterpart, he had accepted his bastard child.

Soon war befell onto the Lands of Camelot. The great King fought hard with his knights and in the end left the land of the living, leaving Mordred to rule Camelot as King. His body was sent to drift off to the Paradise, Avalon.

The New Servant
Prototype Arthur Pendragon
Saber Class

The master of Chaldea finally summons the other King of Knights, the male counterpart after seeing him in a fleeting dream. Beside her was the Court Mage of Camelot, Merlin, who was picking on his master before they started summoning.

Merlin wasn't shocked to say the least, he already forsee Arthur coming to Chaldea on this day. Their master would drag Merlin to meet Arthur halfway. Merlin paid no attention to Arthur, daydreaming about how he can baby Arthuria when he gets out of the summoning room. For the King of Knights, he was shocked to see Merlin, and as a male that is. Before he could talk to this Merlin, the man had excused himself from their master and left the room, leaving Arthur in the mercy of their master. But once he got out, he would go to his room to start watching over Arthur. He wanted to avoid something.

Soon living in Chaldea had become normal for the King of Knights. His brethren where also there, Gawain, Lancelot, Tristan, Bedivere, and Mordred, even though they where of different gender in his time. Often praising Mordred and earning a light slap from Mordred's real 'father' Arthuria. Telling him not to give Mordred some praises, which he would reply with a chuckle. Though he never seem to see Merlin around when he's out. Was Merlin avoiding him? Yet he didn't know that Merlin always watched him from a far.

One day, he went up to the Mage's room and knocked. No one replied so he mustered up all his courage and started speaking, "I know you're in there Merlin. I wish to have an audience with you, if I may... I wish to know why you seem to avoid me as if I am a plague. I wish to understand you, but how may I do so if you keep avoiding me. You may be a different Merlin from my timeline, but you are still the person who kept me warm at nights when I was young."

Then a soft click on the door made itself heard, a sign that Merlin opened the door. Taking it as an invitation, Arthur entered the room and closed it. Merlin sat on his standardized Chaldean bed, cross legged. His staff on the wall. Even if he was an illusion of the real Merlin, he could grasp things as if he was the real one. His face was unreadable. His gaze hard onto the blonde king who had entered his abode. "What seems to be the problem, King of Knights, that you wish to have an audience with me."

Arthur would look away and scratch his head. "I really do not wish to be called that, please call me Arthur. Being called the King of Knights is too much, especially with the other knights calling me and my counterpart with that title all the time." The sight made Merlin raise an eyebrow but dismissed it a second later. He was testing this Arthur. He wanted to know how sincere he was, for he had forseen a future, even he would not believe to be real. A future where he could be happy in the hands of his beloved... this Arthur.

Merlin sighs and pats the space beside him. "Then please sit, I have no chair nor throne to offer for you as of now, Arthur." Arthur would then shake his head with a smile, "I really don't need a throne, seeing as the King of Heroes always pulls that out for him to sit it, it feels gaudy now. Also, I am not a King anymore, I am just a heroic spirit now." Silence filled the room after his answer. Merlin would then laugh and fall on his back to his bed. "My my Arthur, you don't need to be stiff, I was just pulling your leg. Calm down." This made the knight turn red, gazing away from the laughing Mage. This was the start of a fleeting dream and a beautiful tragedy.

Soon the two where inseparable, Merlin would bring Arthur on any quests their master would send them in and Arthur would bring Merlin to the kitchen as he helps EMIYA cook food for everyone. Life in Chaldea was never the same especially when Valentines neared. Some men (Edmond, Mozart, Ozymandias, and Gawain) would line up to Kid Gilgamesh's front door, asking for some Elixir of Love. Which the kid would teasingly give to them before getting inside his room once more.

Merlin had actually asked Kid Gilgamesh the day before so he can make Arthur some food. He wanted to give him something for Valentines that would be subtle yet meaningful and well, erotic. So he made a heaping serving of breakfast paired with scones and tea which actually had the whole elixir in it. Knocking onto the door of the young King as he tries to balance the tray in his other hand.

What he saw almost made him want to jump on Arthur. The young King was wearing a royal blue pajama pair with pristine white shirt and a unruly hair with that ahoge.

The ending of their journey may never end, for it has just begun. For the king reunites with his beloved in the Paradise that once seperates them from one another. Gazing on the vast sky, holding each others hands. The perfect ending for the King and his Court Mage who shall be together for eternity in Avalon.

Art by: myung (1303276) on Pixiv