Boy <3 Boy // Boy gets Girl

TW: Homophobic slurs, physical abuse.

Virgils POV

I wake up and blink at the brightness of the sun thats coming through the window. I feel the need to stretch, my arms go over my head and I groan in pain.

"What happened last night?" I mutter to myself. Then it all flashes back.

I get up out of bed as fast as I can without hurting myself. I cant believe my dad would hurt me like that. I make it to the bathroom without running into my parents. I look in the mirror and sigh in relief. You cant see any marks on my face except for a faint red mark on my face from the first slap.

I put my moms concealer on some bruises on my arm and cover up the red mark on my face. I quickly and quietly go back to my room and get ready for school.

*Time skip because I'm one lazy girl*

At school, I see Patton and Logan talking to Roman in front of home room. Guess I can't ignore them today. I try to walk past them into class but Patton grabs my arm.

"Hey, Kiddo! You never answered my texts yesterday," He says seeming slightly hurt. I remember that my phone was on the counter in the kitchen this morning so my dad must have taken it.

"Sorry, Pat," I mumble. I pry his hand off my arm and go into home room. The back seat welcomes me so i sit there. Patton comes and sits in front of me, like usual, and Logan sits next to Patton. Home room goes by fast and I run to my next class... Geography... with Roman. Well i'm screwed.

I sit in the back right corner of the room again. Everyone files in and the teacher reminds us to sit in the same seats as yesterday. I'm watching the door waiting for Roman when he walks in smiling. His creamy brown eyes stare into my dark brown eyes and i feel my cheeks going red. I look away blushing. I hear him sit down and pullout his geography notebook.

"Hey Virge," he says quietly. "Did you do the homework?"

I shake my head without looking up and start to freak out. We had homework? How did I not hear that? Oh right, I zoned out.

I hear Roman snicker and I turn to him slightly with a confused look.

"There was no homework," he laughs "I was just messing with you,"

My beating heart slows down and my breathing goes back to normal. How rude. I guess he doesnt know how I freak out about stuff but he shouldn't be acting like we are friends. Because we arent. We cant be...

*After Class*

The bell rings, signaling the end of class. "All right kids, do the worksheet I handed out, for next class!" I grab all of my stuff and try to bolt out the door. Roman grabs my arm and stops me before I can do so.

"Hey, Virge," he says. I dont move and he takes that as an invitation to keep talking. "So, this worksheet says you need a buddy. Would you mind being mind?"

I look up a little bit and see him staring hopefully at me. I shrug and start to walk away. This is a bad idea. Bad idea. Bad. Bad. Bad. "I guess," I mumble and walk out the door. What am I thinking?

*I know I do a lot of time skips. But you dont want to read boring stuff*

I yawn and rub my eyes as I walk out of school, trying to avoid Patton, Logan and Roman. I spot them on the other side of the courtyard and take a sigh of relief. They arent close, I can relax. I look down and see a bunch of concealer and black smudges on my hands.

I gasp and run to my car. {I dont know how I said he gets home before, but he has a car now} I start to pull out and see Patton run towards my car, spotting me.

"KIDDO!!??" I hear him scream as I speed away.

It only takes a minute to get home so I'm there in no time. I unlock the door and, to my surprise, my parents are sitting at the tanle talking. When I walk in my dad scoffs and walks away down the hall. I hear their bedroom door slam and I flinch. Mom sighs and gestures at me to take a seat.

"Honey, we are worried about you," she starts. I sit silently. "We think it would be best if you start dating someone."

I gasp. Is she giving me permission to date a guy? Roman, maybe??

"So," she continues. "We found this really nice girl in your school that you can get to know."

Now its my turn to scoff. "Girl?" Is all I can manage to say.

"Yes, a GIRL. Do you think I'm going to let my son be GAY? A FAGGOT??" She starts yelling. "YOURE LUCKY I LET YOU LIVE IN THIS HOUSE YOU UNGRATEFUL PEICE OF SHIT!" she slaps me hard across the face and I fall backwards. I feel tears stinging behind my eyes but I keep them back. In afraid to let them fall. "Shes coming over tonight. You'd better be good." And with that, she walks away. The bedroom door slaming behind her.

I run upstairs to my room and cry. Theres nothing I can do now.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

I go into the bathroom without having to be quiet. My parents left a few minutes ago to give me space and time to meet my new girlfriend. But if you guessed they left without I fight. Boy are you wrong. My dad didnt like how I treated my mother so I got a few kicks and punches. Not in the face though, my parents are almost experts already.

After a bunch of makeup wipes and concealer, I look as good as new. I throw on a purple plaid shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans. Then, I sit on my bed to write in my diary. A few minutes later, the doorbell rings. Guess its time to meet my girlfriend!

I run downstairs and prepare myself to meet her. The doorbell rings again and I quietly scream. "coming!" I open the door and see her standing there.

Out of everyone, I wasnt expecting HER...

{Everyone loves a cliffhanger!!! Thats all for today, Guys, Gals and Non-Binary Pals, PEACE!!}