Separation// It Only Gets Worse

Logan's POV

Patton convinced his parents to let me drive him to the hospital. I wouldn't want anyone else to do it. We pull into the parking lot a few minutes before his check in time.

"Pat?" I say cautiously.

"Yeah, Lo?"

"I'm gonna miss you," he looks up at me with tears already in his eyes. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'm going to miss you too. But I will call every day and I'll do my best to get better. I should be back next year before graduation," He stops as he sees I'm sobbing. "Oh, Lo! Come here."

He wraps me in a tight hug. I pull back after a few seconds and wipe my eyes.

"It's time to go," I say while pointing at the clock on the radio.

We get out of the car and walk in silence to the doors. At the receptionists' table he checks himself in and immediately is taken away by a worker.

"WAIT!" He yells at them. They let go of him and he runs over to me and wraps me in another tight hug. "Don't forget about me, Lo."

I look him straight in the eyes. "I won't."

He walks back to the workers and lets himself be brought away. As he turns the corner, he turns around and looks at me. I give him a reassuring smile and he disappears around the corner. I slump to the ground and start crying. And I don't stop, even as I finally get up and go to my car. I sit in it and cry for hours until it's dark and I'm out of tears to cry. I finally start my car and go home. With a hole in my heart and an empty seat beside me.

*A few weeks later*

Virgil's POV

I've been talking to Roman for a few weeks now. This is the happiest I've been in God knows how long.

PurpleQUEEN: Hey, Princey?

Sir Sing-A-Lot: Yes, Emo Nightmare?

PurpleQUEEN: I think I'm going to tell my parents.

Sir Sing-A-Lot: About what?

PurpleQUEEN: Danielle, You.... Us....

Sir Sing-A-Lot: Oh... Good luck. I'm rooting for you, Virge.

I turn off my phone and walk downstairs where my parents are sitting on the couch. I take a deep breath and walk into the room.

"Mom? Dad?"

They look up, slightly annoyed to have been bothered.

"What?" My dad says aggressively.

"I need to tell you something."

"Well? Go on."

"I uh.." I pause and gather my courage. "I'm breaking up with Danielle."

My parents turn their full attention to me. "Why? She's the perfect girl for you."

"No, Dad. She's not. In fact, there's no perfect girl for me."