Danielle // Homework

TW: Just some GAY

Virgil POV

"Danielle?" I ask surprised. She stands on my porch in an almost knee length pink flower print skirt with a white t-shirt. Her short-ish perfectly curled red hair rests just below her shoulder.

"Hey Virgil!" She says cheerily. We stand in silence for a second. "Can I come in?" She asks hesitantly.

"Oh, of course!" I back up and let her in. She mumbles a thank you and walks into our living room. "My parents aren't home and we'll probably have the house to ourselves for a while."

We sit down on our couch and talk until my parents walk in the door at 9 PM.

"Hey kids!" My mom says overly happy. "How was the date?"

Danielle being the "perfect" girl she is smiled at my mom then me and answered first. "Oh Mrs. Angel! It was wonderful. I'm so glad that Virge is my boyfriend! I'm so lucky."

I nod and smile back at her. My parents give each other a look of disbelief and then smile. I'm obviously faking but if it keeps me from being beat. Its worth it.

"Well Danielle, you'll have to come back soon!" Mom says. Danielle smiles and nods. After saying goodbye, she kisses me, ON THE MOUTH, and leaves.

"So, Honey!" Mom says slightly less enthusastic but more genuinely happy. "How was it?"

I smile and fake happiness. "It was wonderful! I really like her!" Dad smiles at this and goes into the kitchen. He comes back with my phone.

"Here, have this. You proved that you deserve it. I knew you were just confused son!" He laughs and walks into his bedroom.

"Hey, mom?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah Hon?"

"There is this paper I have to do for class and we have partners..." I trail off. She looks at me waiting. "and well, see, I was wondering if, maybe, my partner could come over?" I try to ask this question as un-nervously as I possibly can.

She sits at the kitchen counter and thinks about it for a minute. "Okay, I suppose they can come over. Just tell them to leave by 12 and not to disturb your father and I. We will get mad," She raises an eyebrow at me and walks down the hall to their bedroom.

I know what that eyebrow raise meant... if I misbehave tonight then my dad will... no don't think about that. Just think about inviting Roman over. Wait. How am I supposed to do that? I don't have his number and I don't know where he lives... Wow I'm so stupid. I go upstairs to my room and lay down on the ground. I tilt my head to the right facing my window and I see a piece of paper hanging out of my sweatshirt pocket. I get up and read what is written:

Roman: 207-660-5383 {This is totally not the real number of someone I know....}

That's not.... OMG IT IS!!! Its Romans number! I grab my phone and text him.

[Virgil]- hey roman is it

[Roman?]- Yes, it is I. To whom am I speaking?

[Virgil]- it's virgil from geography

[Roman]- Ah, yes. Is this perhaps about our homework?

[Virgil]- yes could you come to my house now

[Roman]- I suppose. Where do you live? I'll be over as soon as possible.

I give him my address and he arrives in less than five minutes. I wait at the door for him so that he doesn't use the doorbell or knock and disturb my parents.

"Hello, Virgil!" He says, quite loudly.

"Shhh! My parents are upstairs and I'm not allowed to disturb them," I say quietly.

He laughs and walks into my house. I close the door behind him. "I think that's the most you've ever spoken since we've met!" He says and laughs some more. I sigh and feel a faint blush coming to my cheeks. I reach to put on my hood from my hoodie but realize that it is still upstairs on my bed. I sigh again.

"So," He says. "Are you ready for geography?" He lifts up his bag and sets it gently on the table.

After about ten minutes of studying I hear my phone buzz so I pick it up off the table and turn it on. It's a message.

[Unkown]- Hey Virge!!! I had fun tonight. We should meet tomorrow for some more fun :P Text me ASAP!!!!

I sigh and add Danielle to my contacts.

[Virgil]- hi im guessing you are danielle. it would be fun what when and where

I put my phone down and continue with Roman. My phone buzzes a couple of times but im too busy looking at Roman to pick it up.

"Aren't you going to answer those?" He asks, causing me to blush.

"Nah its just Danielle."

"From geography?"

"Yeah."

"Why is she texting you? I mean, it didnt seem like you guys were friends."

I shake my head. I dont want to tell him I have a girlfriend. It'll ruin any chance I have at being with him.

"Well, Princey, its not like you know everything about me is it?" I say rudely. Where did that come from?? He blinks in suprise and looks down clearly hurt.

"No, I suppose not," he says. We continue doing our homework and soon its 11.

"Sorry, Princey, my parents said you had to go at 11," I look down and realize that we just finished our paper.

"Ok, that's fine. We are done anyway!" He packs up his stuff and walks to the door. "Text me and maybe we could hang out again tomorrow."

He turns around and walks out. My face goes red. I think I saw him wink.

{Hey guys!! Hope you liked the Gay!! Guys, Gals, and Non-Bianary Pals, PEACE!}