Carter's 6th Birthday

Alessia P.O.V

~6 years later~

Today was Carter's birthday and he was turning 6 years old. My gosh, he grows so fast. I just wish he could slow down a bit but time goes by when it comes to children. I was just on the sofa watching TV until Carter comes in front of me with a smile on his face.

Alessia: (laughs) "Carter!"

Carter: "Guess what today is?"

I played with him like I didn't know what today was.

Alessia:  (smiles) "Hmm..."

Carter: (laughs)

Alessia: (smiles) "I don't know, can u tell me??"

Carter: (laughs) "It's my birthday today!"

Alessia: (gasps) "It's your birthday today?!"

Carter: "Yes!"

Alessia: "How old are u now?"

Carter: "Six!!"

Alessia: "My baby boy is turning 6 years old today, oh my goodness. You're growing so fast."

That was when Shawn walked in.

Shawn: (smiles) "Did I hear someone say "birthday"?

Alessia: "Yes u did! And it was Carter that said that!"

Shawn: "Is my little sport turning six years old today?"

Carter: "Yes! Did u guys forget?"

Alessia: "Of course we didn't, we're just playing with u. We would never forget about our son's birthday."

Carter: "I got lots of birthday wishes today and a small gift!"

Alessia: "Oh really? Show us."

Carter went through his bag and brought out the small gift he got. 

Alessia: "Ooh that's so cute."

Shawn: "That's great, kiddo. Seems like you had a good day at school today."

Carter: "Of course I did! It's the best birthday ever!"

Alessia: "Well I'll tell you what...you can invite your friends over this weekend for a birthday party, how does that sound?"

Carter: "That sounds awesome!"

Alessia: (laughs)

Shawn: (smiles) "Happy Birthday kiddo!"

Carter: "Thanks!"

Me and Shawn took Carter to the park for him to play for a bit and then we headed home because Carter loved to watch his favorite cartoon before bedtime. When I sent him to bed, he was really excited about this weekend and he even told me about his cartoon he was watching. He's a funny and sweet kid. Right after talking with him, he fell asleep and left with Shawn to the room.

A/N: End of chapter!