{1}

I sat in the car waiting for my mom, Kara, to stop driving. I'm Alec Jackson. My mom and I are moving to a new town because she found somebody new. I was happy for her. My father left when I was two and I'm sixteen now. My mom and I are really close. I only talk to her. I'm really awkward around new people, so I'm antisocial. She knows almost everything about me. She doesn't know I cut and I'm suicidal though.

She pulled into a driveway. "We're here." She said. "I can't wait to see him."

"What if they don't like me?" I asked in a small voice.

"They will. They know you're gay."

"They?" I asked.

"Him and his son. Tyler." She said.

"Why don't you tell me these things?" I asked as I got out of the car.

"You'll be fine Alec. I promise." She said. That's what she always says. I grabbed our bags and a man walked out. "James!" she squealed and hugged him. They already got married, but I didn't go. Too many people.

"You must be Alec." He said and smiled at me. I gave him a small smile.

"He doesn't talk that much. He'll warm up to you though." She said and he helped me with the bags. It was a two story house. Nice and modern.

I fixed my black beanie and pushed my red bangs from my face. I walked in and saw someone watching football. He had brown hair and was muscular.

"Ty." His dad said.

"What dad?" he asked.

"Meet your new step brother. Alec." He said. He looked at me.

"Great an emo." He muttered. I fixed my hair. It didn't help I had black ripped jeans and a black shirt that said gay pride on it. "He's gay too. Have fun in school."

"Be nice." James said.

"To a fag? Nope. Not happening." He said. I kneed him in his balls. He clutched his area and fell to the floor.

"I told you to be nice." James said.

"Packs a punch." He said and snickered.

'I don't punch. Wouldn't want to hurt my hand.' I thought. I didn't say it. I don't know him.

"Afraid to talk?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"He's anti social. He won't talk to you unless you know him. Stop with the slurs too." My mom said.

"I can handle the slurs mom." I said. I started playing with my black lip ring. "I'm used to it."

"You shouldn't have to get used to it from your new step brother." James said.

I chuckled. "It's fine." I said. I shrugged and got my phone out. Tyler took it and started going through it.

I shrugged and put my headphones in. I blasted Pierce The Veil into my ears.

"I told you not to listen to music that loud." My mom scolded.

"You told dad to use a condom." I sassed. I can be a sassy bitch.

"Nice boyfriend." Tyler said and showed me a picture of Mike Fuentes.

"Boyfriend?" my mom asked.

"Mike." I said.

"That's not his boyfriend. One of the bands he listens to." My mom said.

"Leave him alone. So what if he has or gets a boyfriend? You have a girlfriend." James said.