Rhythmic Rage (Bakugō)

By: Birdle

To say Katsuki was less than pleased would be an understatement.

After a long day of school and training, all he wanted was to cuddle with his significant other, although he never technically said that fact aloud. You said he was "touch starved". He said you were "clingy". It was a match made in Heaven.

At least, you were usually clingy. Today, you were distracted, frantically tapping you phone screen and occasionally humming at it. He hadn't noticed earlier when you devoted one hand to play with his hair, but you since focused your mind, body, and soul to your stupid device.

This annoyed Katsuki.

His vein throbbed with annoyance. He whipped your phone from your hands, accidentally tearing your earbuds out. "Oi, Koala Kid! The h*** is more important than me?"

You barely flinched. "Give it back, Kacchan," you complained and leaned over him. He simply stretched his arm out further and planted a foot against your chest. "It's important to my life!"

"The f*** you mean?" He looked at you phone. It showed a black and orange block repeatedly crashing and dying on a spike. The block was on its 116—no, 117th—attempt. "You've been ignoring me for a f***ing cube?"

You pouted. "It's not a cube. It's called Geometry Dash, and it's a rhythm game. It's addicting." His gave you a disbelieving look. "Try it. I dare you."

Not one to back away from a challenge, Katsuki focused his attention to the phone. Now the block's attempts numbered well into the 160s. He reset the count and dove straight in.

The block disintegrated against a spike. 2%.

The block fell into a pit. 53%.

The block crashed into a wall. 23%.

Katsuki's blood pressure rose.

38%. 73%. 11%.

"What the f***? I've done this part twenty f***ing times now! Why am I messing up?"

"Maybe you should take a break—"

"F*** no! I will beat this game!"

An hour passed before the cube flew into the sparkly void at the end of the level. Katsuki shouted with maniacal glee and threw your phone on the bed. "Take that, stupid game!"

You (wisely) decided to not tell him about the many other levels. Or the coins. (Especially not the coins.)