sleep over?

(Ariel pov)

I woke up early as always, made breakfast, got ready for work, walked April(dog) out then took her inside, locked the door and off to school we go. I've been an English teacher at Raira Academy. When I first got the job I had only gotten the contract for 1 year but then I went and changed it and added 2 more. Japan has in a way helped me to be more independent and confident and now I'm not the afraid little girl who used to latch to her friends when I was younger. I used to always be someone else's shadow and try my best to be friends with everyone, but now I'm more of a loner and to be honest I like it that way. All I want in life is to be peaceful, with the excitement in my life being watching over teenagers. I know it sounds lame but I've been much more at peace here than I've been anywhere so I don't really see myself moving any time soon.

I got to work early, made a lesson plan and rolled with it. Everything went smoothly, everyone's spelling was alright, everyone's pronunciation was alright and overall everything was alright, as it should be. Soon enough it was the end of the day I went and drank with my coworkers and then headed home. That's when I stumbled upon him..

I was walking down the street trying to hurry up to my apartment so that I could take April out before she had an accident, she's just a puppy so me leaving her alone all day wasn't ideal for her nor I. As I sped walked with my short legs avoiding the crowd I felt a hand go around my shoulders, I looked to the side and saw Izaya with his signature smirk as always. I sighed and looked away keeping the same pace as before "Sensei let's go out" Izaya said "We're already out, I have to go check up on my dog, tomorrow is a school day, and I was just out drinking" "Wow, you hate me so much you literally just spat out every excuse you could think of" "they're not excuses, it's just the truth, and I don't hate you" "You sureeee?" He said looking at me, I looked back into his eyes. "Yes, hate is a strong word. I know what hate feels like and it's not this" "You were still hoping you wouldn't bump into me, don't think I didn't notice~ The way you looked around the crowd, it is obvious you are trying to avoid someone" "And how do you know I'm trying to avoid you? I could be trying to avoid someone else" He smiled and looked forward then shrugged "mm I guess it's just a hunch" Izaya said as he poked my nose, I tilted my head back when he did that. "I swear you're just an over sized child" I said while spitting daggers at him with my eyes, he only laughed. " I like your laugh" I said thinking out loud "Omg did I just freaking say that!? Nuuu!" I said as I covered my face with my hand as I face palmed. Izaya laughed even more 'well.. at least he's happy.. I'm still embarrassed though..!'.

After he had calmed down he took his hand off of my shoulder. "Okay okay, what I came to you for though, I wanted to ask you. Can I crash over at your house? I may or may have not pissed Shizu chan" "Shizu chan?" "Shizuo Heiwajima" " What the heck man.. out of everyone, you chose to mess around with that guy.." "I did not choose, it was instinct" He said. I rolled my eyes and thought it over and after a couple seconds I already had my answer "Sure, what could go wrong.." I said not excited over my new guest.

Once we got to my apartment I took April out and let her do her business, Izaya's face of shock and terror was hilarious to look at when he saw and heard April barking at him. I could've sworn it looked as if he was gonna hop onto my kitchen counter. After April was done with her business I put her inside of her cage with her bed and toys. I looked at Izaya who was sitting down on my couch staring at me. He looked kind of irritated at the fact I have a dog but he just looked cute, kind of like an angry toddler.

"Izaya, you hungry? Do you want something to eat, drink?" " Do you have coffee?" "Yeah" I said as I walked to my kitchen. "How do you like your coffee?" " Just make it how you like yours" He said, I stared at him then looked back at the white coffee maker. I started making Izaya his coffee but I wasn't doing it as if I was making it for myself, memories from my past lover started running my mind, how he used to say he didn't like his coffee sweet because that was girly, his eyes, his laugh. I could feel my heart beat become harder and slower yet faster, I added milk to the hot, dark, brown almost black liquid then put it on the microwave. I inserted 1 minute to the microwave and stood there waiting for it to be done.

Beep Beep Beep
At the third beep I opened the microwave and took Izaya's coffee out and walked torwards my living room. Izaya was up looking around and smirked when he saw me walk in. " Thank you Sensei!" I handed him his drink, he sat down and took a sip of his coffee. "Sensei I didn't know you liked your coffee bitter! I thought you liked sweet things" " I don't like it bitter.. that's just how an old...'friend'.. used to like it. Sweet things are more my alley" "Well that's disappointing, I thought you'd done something unpredictable right now" " I mean, I love dark chocolate so I guess you aren't completely wrong. But if I had to choose one flavor for the rest of my life, I'd choose sweet" "Yeah you're no fun, too predictable "

I looked at him, then his cup. It was empty so I took it off of his hands and put it on the coffee table then hugged him and licked his cheek "W-whoah " He said in shock and pushed me away, I could only laugh at his reaction. "Bet no one has pulled that trick on you mister~" I said as I winked and stuck out my tongue "Predictable my butt~ haha" He only looked at me as if I was insane. "I don't appreciate it when people invade my personal space, also I'M ASEXUAL!" He said trying to keep his cool raising his voice a bit on the last part. " Okay okay, I'm sorry. But also~ I bet I could make you be a demisexual~" I said playfully "That's it I'm out, Shizu chan and possible death is better than this" He said standing from the couch. "Nuuu, stay, come on its already late" "More reasons for me to leave, are you in heat or something? Did you drink too much? What the heck happened?" "No nothing happened, you just said that I was boring and I wanted to prove you wrong" "And now you're predictable again" He said with somewhat of a smirk yet disappointed look on his face "Do you want me to harass you again?" "Please don't" He said smirking

I walked away to my room then came back with a blanket and pillow. "Izaya catch" I threw the pillow at Izaya, he caught it. "This'll be fun.." Izaya said unthrilled.

[To be continued]