chapter 3

One morning everyone was rushing when an annoying alarm went off. Lani was training with Shiro when Allura said that Zarkon was attacking. In battle gear they rushed off to meet the princess. They meet up with the others, all except lance, at the door and rushed in to find Coran speaking nonsense on Allura being dead.

"Its over." Allura said as the alarm went off.

"Oh I know! If only Voltron had been formed." Coran continues to be dramatic. Lani being tired of this walks over, eyes covered and kicks her leg up and lands by his head. Stopping him and making him see that most of them made it.

"Oh! Time!" he says and throws the microphone.

"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro said confused as the others stood by.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" Allura proceeds to explain.

"Seventy-five degrees. Oh sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer." Coran continues to say when Lani holds him into a head lock and drops him. Walking over to stand by Hunk and Shiro.

"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do Battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro and Lani are in uniform or ready for battle." Allura says as the others look tired or bored. Keith didn't like that Lani was getting some credit but she doesn't have a suit yet and she was going to work on it with Pidge today.

"Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards?" Allura proceeds to ask. Before they can respond Lani steps in.

"Princess shouldn't you worry with the fact that your missing a paladin?" Lani says pointing out that lance was not in the room. However as if on cue the door opens and out pops Lance. He stifles a yawn and all they can see was a shiny face.

"Good morning, everybody. What's going on?" lance said as if nothing was going on.

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed." Allura said with anger and disappointment in her eyes. Lani looked at lance and sighed.

"Looks like you got great sleep lance. Tell me why didn't you hear the alarms this morning?" Lani had to know. She knew it was stupid and that lance will still answer but it was worth a shot. It was at that moment that Hunk spoke up.

"Hey, you got to sleep for 10,000 years, man. Monday night, I was on earth and reunited with my cousin after so many years. Now. I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know what day is it today?" Hunk asked, making a lot of good points as Lani stood listening to him.

"It's the third day Quintant of the spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran said with slight glee.

"It's a lot to process." Hunk continues feeling like Lani when Coran does something like that.

"You must understand the stakes of our mission. Over the last 10,000 years the castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations." In that moment a map showed and a lot of places were shining red. Lani felt bad because a lot of these places she was missioned to during her training and she had a lot of making up to do. "So, we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe." Allura moves the map around. "Earth id here. An attack on your planet is inevitable." Allura proceeds to say as earth was show and that it was a slam part that has yet to turn red.

"Oh, no." Hunk said with worry as were the others. Lani walks up to the small version of earth a sad look on her face.

"Exactly. Our mission to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn to form Voltron. So we can begin fighting Zarkon." Allura says with determination. Everyone in agreement on what they need to do.