Act 6

*The next day...*

I could not keep my excitement for prom down. The school day went by so fast, I couldn't describe it. It was all just a blur of people and boring lessons I already knew about.

Due to the fact that tennis players were getting ready for prom, there would be no tennis practice today. Ecstatic, I raced down to my bus after I briskly got to my locker. I sat down near Joe and started listening to some of my favorite music.

As I was halfway into the second verse, Joe tapped me on the shoulder. I took off my earbuds.

"Hey, Linc. I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"What do you do at prom? Like, I've never been to prom, and I've always wanted to ask Amanda."

"First of all, you won't be alone. We'll be with Micah and Oliver. Secondly, you just have fun. That's it. Simple as that. Well, at least from what I've heard."

"I know I'll be with you guys, that's not what I mean. What I meant was without a date."

"Why do you need a date for prom? It's not like people are going to laugh at you for hanging out with friends. Tons of people do it."

"I know, it's just- weird for me."

I whispered, "I mean if anything, you could be my date."

"What did you say? I couldn't hear."

I just shrugged and carried on with my music.

When I got home, I immediately rushed to my closet to get ready.

This is it, I told myself.

I texted the group chat, because I didn't have a clue as to what to wear.

"hey so what am i going to wear"

"send a pic of ur closet," Oliver texted.

I snapped a quick photo. It was nothing much; just a few button-down shirts and some sweaters. Oh, and this light blue suit and yellow undershirt that I have. Nothing too crazy.

"ooh definitely wear that plaid button-down. that would look cute with some black jeans and some dress shoes."

"what should i wear under it"

"just a white undershirt. nothing too crazy"

I changed into what they told me. Admittedly, this was really good. It really suited me, all while being practical for dancing. It was the perfect prom outfit. I took one picture of me using the giant mirror I have lying around.

"looks good. k youre ready"

We all had a plan to meet up at my house for pics first, then head off to the place prom was at (I heard it was at a convention center). It was no big deal for Micah and Oliver, as they lived relatively close to us.

"You all look so nice," our parents told us, taking pictures.

We each had mixed reactions. I was kind of laughing, Joe looked embarrassed, Micah just looked indifferent, and Oliver was posing for them. Typical Oliver.

"Dang Oliver," I giggled, "you really know how to keep these photos interesting."

"It's a talent," he simply replied.

A lot of pictures were taken, and then we headed off to the convention center.