Act 7

Once we were there, I gasped in awe about how big it was.

"Woah, the school really went all out for prom. Good for them!" Oliver noted.

There were set up tables lined up at the right-hand side that had snacks and drinks. Off at the left-hand side were a bunch of people who didn't really want to dance. They were just sitting there, moping, or talking to one another. I felt sad for them. Then there was the dance floor.

Oh man, where do I begin with the dance floor... There was a bunch of spotlights all colored differently and they just made a really beautiful effect. There was a photo booth, a lot of posters, some ribbons strung on various places, and a giant disco ball that looked like it came straight out of the 70's. I mean, we're not really into disco, but it was still pretty nice.

There was even a band. According to their drum set, they were called "John and the Lovers". I even recognized the guitarist and main vocalist; John and Paul. I made a note to come over and talk to them.

As I looked around, I noticed that Joe just kind of had a lost look in his eyes as he was scanning the area. It was actually kind of somber.

Not before long, Oliver exclaimed, "Well, I'll be on the dance floor. You're welcome to join me!"

He then began to run off and do various different dance moves. They all had a sort of "showy" attitude to them. Micah and I giggled.

"I'm gonna get some snacks," Micah said, pointing to the tables. She walked away, leaving only me and Joe.

"You wanna get some punch first?" I asked Joe.

Joe was silent but then replied, "Oh, yeah. Sure." He still had the lost look on his face. I frowned, but then grabbed his arm and ran to the table.

There were numerous snacks and drinks. Some pretzels, chips, cookies, the like. There was also some punch (of course), as well as some sodas, and some water too. Oh, and some cups, plates, and napkins of course.

Micah leaned in and whispered, "By the way, I heard someone spiked the punch."

"Gotcha," I nodded.

I looked back at Joe and chuckled, "You know, you should really try the punch. It might help loosen up a bit."

"Oh. Alright."

He poured some in a cup and drank it all. I just stared at him blankly for a bit.

"What?" he said, laughing.

"Oh nothing," I smiled, "I was just thinking about something is all." However, in my head I was giggling, for I had successfully made Joe loosen up a bit if you know what I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Micah winked at me and walked towards Oliver.

"Hey, you want to join them?"

"Sure!"

Thus, we headed to the dance floor. It was a lot of fun. I got to see a lot of dance moves Joe probably wouldn't pull out without the spiked punch. They were definitely a bit more pronounced and to some degree inappropriate. But we all just laughed and kept on dancing. I remembered to greet John and Paul, so I grabbed Joe along too (since he was the reason I know them) and told Micah and Oliver I was going to talk to them.

"Ok. Have fun!"

I walked up to the stage and immediately, John and Paul noticed us. Thankfully, they were taking a little break, so we wouldn't be interrupting the music.

"Hey! What's up, Linc!" Paul greeted me with a friendly smile.

"Hey Paul, hey John! How are you guys?"

"Not so good," John sighed. "We're pretty tired from all this playing so we took a break."

"Speaking of which, what's up with Joe?"

Joe was just kind of doing random things. I didn't mind it.

"Apparently someone spiked the punch," I told them.

"Ah, so Joe drank some punch and then..."

"Yeah. He's buzzed."

"Well, good luck with that."

The drummer then came up to Paul and whispered something.

"Okay. We've got to start playing again. We'll see you guys later!"

"Alright!"

I walked Joe back to the dance floor. It was 8:10 PM, so it was pretty late. I didn't mind, as prom would end at 10:00. That means I would have 1 hour and 50 minutes of prom before we get home. That's when the real fun would begin. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We saw a few people we knew at the dance. Tennis people, Band people, people Oliver knew, people Micah knew, even people I knew. We even saw Amanda with another date, but when she saw us she got so embarrassed she kind of ran away into the bathroom. I had a good laugh at that.

After a few more great songs by Paul's band, a bunch of silly moves done by both Oliver and Joe, and some more drinks by Joe, it was 9:55. That meant that the last song finished and the faculty members would be pushing the remaining students in the convention center out. When we were all inevitably swept out of the center, Micah found her parents waiting for them outside.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Micah yelled, waving.

"Okay! See you then!" I waved back.

They drove out, and it was only me, Joe and Oliver. Oliver pushed me off to the side.

"What do you need?" I wondered.

"Okay, I think this is the time you can tell him. He might not remember it, but this is the time where he will tell his true feelings for you."

"Alright."

"You got this, okay?" He spotted his parents. "Gotta go. See ya!"