Chapter three| Hellish

PERFECTLY CRIMINAL
—Chapter Three—
Hellish

I was horrified. I could barely make a step in the room without standing on something. The room was filled and stacked with boxed filled with files. They littered the floors and the desk and even on the chair.

As for the room itself, it was half the size of His office and was plain just as the rest of the building. I didn't even know where to begin.

The computer made a noise as I awkwardly stepped in the minimal free spaces towards the computer. There was an email. Four actually. The first was the dates. The second was the meetings and the third was another task:

Nickolas Parker,

Email me the filled Calendar.

Mr. C. James

The fourth was a friendly reminder.

Parker.

Hurry.

Mr. C. James

I sighed before clearing the files off the chair and piling them on more boxes. I then rolled up my sleeves, sat down on the chair and got back to work.

***

Three hours. In three hours I had sent the emails and sorted through three boxes. Yup. Only three out of the twenty two (yes I counted).

The burner phone called as I answered.

"You're not supposed to be on the phone during work hours!" Snapped Hayden.

"Then why on earth did you call?" I ask exasperated. "Ouch!"

"What on earth are you doing?" He asked.

"Working." I grumbled.

"I can hear that."

"The man has tasked me with the impossible and I swear if he sends me another bloody email about hurrying up I'm going to kill him." I ramble as Hayden laughs. "He's so infuri-

A sharp knock at the door cut me off as I rapidly cut the call and cleared my throat.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal Xavier. Oh great. The guy with something against me.

"Sir has asked me to tell you to hurry up." Xavier said before looking behind me and raising his eyebrows.

"Xavier? Can I ask you something?" Xavier looked at me as though deciding whether to make a run for it or not.

"One question." He warned.

"what is your job?"

"I'm employed to protect him." Xavier said before turning around one last time. "Don't take this the wrong way. I still don't like you. But you should know the files are already organised inside the boxes. All you need to do is rearrange the order of the boxes and put them in the room next to you."