Chapter 16

There was a girl. Running through the trees, the woods, the forest. She was being chased by a man. No, a shadow on a man. Fast, bough, brilliant. She was scared, and was running out of breath. Darkness as she falls to the earth. The shadow, a man again. And then a wolf. Circling. Growling. "I will be alpha." She hears in her mind, and then the dark black wolf pounces.

************

Eva wakes up with a scream, sitting up frantically in her bed. "Woah, shh. Eva it's okay, I'm right here." Eva was breathing hard, as if she had just finished running a marathon. Zayn jumped when he heard her scream, and was by her side to protect her.

"It was me, and a black wolf." She said breathlessly. "He talked to me in my head, he- he..."

"Calm down Eva. Look at me." He places his hands gently on her shoulders as if she was squirming everywhere. Eva looks to Zayn. His eyes that normal, soft brown that she loved so much. "Take a deep breath." Eva does as she told, and calms down. "Now tell me, what did he tell you?" It took a second before she could reply.

"He said, well more like warning, that he will be the alpha." She says, looking down at her hands.

"Is that it?" You could hear the slight concern in Zayn's voice.

"Then he pounced. I was laying on the ground. Out of breath. I couldn't move." She says and her whole body shivers and she feels a tear fall down her cheek. Zayn comforts her with a warm hug. It was just then she noticed he was in nothing but his boxers, and his hair was damp. He had just gotten back and had taken a shower. She needed to ask him.

"Can I still talk to you?" She asks.

"Of course." He says, moving them both so they were sitting comfortably at the top of the bed.

"Why, um. Why is Marissa jealous?" She didn't know how to say it, so she just blurts it out. You could hear and feel Zayn sigh as Eva knew this was something he didn't want to talk about ever. "I'm sorry. If you really don't want to talk about it we don't have to."

"No. It's just something I've tried to forget."

"What is it?"

"Well. After I left, I found my pack when I was about 8 years old. When I was around 14, well, that's when Marissa started to show me that she liked me. She had finally understood everything about mates, and since she liked me for a long time she thought that she could seduce me to be her mate. But it obviously doesn't work that way."

"And?"

"Well, I didn't want to make her feel bad. I was 14 and stupid. So I decided to try and give dating her a shot. I tried kissing her. Having sex with her. Everything. But, it just didn't work. And yes I regret it. So, few years later, I find you again. Introduce myself, and instantly I know your my mate. That's why I kept coming around. That's why I gave you my number." He says. "Whenever a member of the pack has found their mate, we all know. Once Marissa found out, she about killed someone. She wants me so bad it's ridiculous. And because of that, she hates both you and me. Especially you. That's why she's mean to you. And threatens either of us."

Eva sits in silence for a moment, taking all of what he said in. Duh. How could she be so stupid for not knowing that. She thought Marissa just hated her because it was their duty to protect her. "Wow. I've seen girls jealous, but this. Well this is just out right ridiculous." She finally says what's on her mind. And she said it straight up, with no emotions. She could hear Zayn laugh a little at how non shocked she was.

"Yeah. I know. So don't even worry about it. She gives you trouble, you know I'll be there for you." He kisses the top of her head as she gives him a hug around the torso.

"Thanks Zayn." She says. His body was warm. Warmer than her since he was a wolf, but she wasn't minding at all.

"Oh, Eva, I need to tell you something." His voice got higher and more excited.

"Yes?" She looks up to him. He sits up, with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Tomorrow is just me and you. Like I promised. I worked my arse of today so I could have time for you. And I've got a lot planned for us to do." He tells her. He was the happiest person in the world right now.

"Aw, Zayn. That means so much to me." She says her eyes starting to get a little watery as if she was going to cry. But cry happily is what would happen.

"I know. That's why I did it." He says and pulls her in for another warm hug. He looks down at her and gives her a kiss on the lips. It started as a peck. And then a make out.

Before either of them know it, Zayn was running his lips over her neck, his teeth finding her ear and nibbling. Zayn once again pushed their bodies together to grind, and then started removing her clothes. Soon enough, they were under the covers, making love for the first time.

*****************

Zayn had his hands wrapped around Eva, his chest on her back. His hands on hers, their finger inter-weaved together. They were both naked, sweaty, but secretly smiling. Eva couldn't have felt happier at that moment. And she defiantly could not wait for what Zayn had planned for her that day...it was one something in the morning.

You could hear both of their breaths clearly as they slowly calmed down; from a panting, to a normal slow breathing. Eva's mouth was dry as she hoped no one in the house heard her. But that was probably impossible. She also hoped that every other wolf in the pack had stayed out of Zayn's head for that time.

"Would you like me to get you some water?" Zayn whispers in her ear. Eva nods as she turns to him.

"Yes, please. Thank you." Zayn pecks her on the lips as he lets go of her hands and slides to the end of the bed to find his boxers. In the dim light of the lamp that was left on, Eva could see red scratch marks in all places on his back. She smiled, as he didn't stop her from doing that, he more enjoyed it.

Zayn slips on his under ware, and quietly leaves the room. Eva curled up under the covers, feeling the warmth of Zayn leaving her. The blanket wasn't as warm as him, but it managed to keep her body at a comfortable temperature.

He came back into the room not long after with two glasses of ice water, his fingers leaving prints where the ice fogged up the glass. Eva sits up quick, and Zayn hands her the coldness in his hands. Eva chugs half of it, her parched mouth and throat felling the moister of the liquid. "Thank you." She says after taking a nice breath from all the water she drank.

"Your welcome." He says and smiles. She takes one more sip and then lays back down again. Zayn does the same, and flips the light from the lamp off, and cuddles with her once more. Eva falls asleep with a smile on her face, and in the warmth of Zayn's arms.