Chapter 7 // Pizza

Lena slowly opened her eyes. She was in bed with Kara next to her. That afternoon she pretty much fell asleep as soon Kara as tucked her in. This was special since Lena normally had some sort of insomnia and could lay awake for hours at the time. But not this time, no, she was absolutely exhausted.

Lena looked up at Kara, who was on her laptop typing away, and smiled weakly. Kara didn't have her glasses on and it was clearly visible that she was concentrating since a crinkle was visible. When the crinkle got more intense, Lena spoke up "Kara, what's wrong?"

Kara's head snapped to her as she turned red. She quickly closed her laptop and said "Ju-Ju-Just work." Lena wasn't convinced, mostly since she had known Kara for many years, and this absolutely sounded as her trying to lie. So, Lena raised an eyebrow and Kara looked down, at the laptop on her knees.

After a minute or two Kara sighed and looked Lena in the eyes, "I- I was just planning something fun for us to do."

Lena slowly nodded and was about to say something, she even opened her mouth, when she remembered that she couldn't do that. They couldn't go on a trip. Lena looked Kara directly in the eyes and said "I- I would love to... but, no. We couldn't," Lena sighed and shifted her gaze to the laptop. "I- I think the kids will be scared if we aren't here."

Kara nodded quickly and agreed without much protest. Lena closed her eyes and laid on her back, thinking about everything. Her eyes flung open when she heard the door open. A hand was almost immediately placed on her shoulder and a young voice spoke, while Lena looked at Kara. "Mommy, ieiu?"

Kara was the first to speak up, while Lena turned her head to the door. Seeing her daughter, Lori, standing there, nervously holding the doorpost. "Yes, Lori? What can we do for you?"

Lori smiled at Kara's tone, since it was far from mad. "Grandma needs to leave, so uh? Could we eat pizza and have a movie night? We could watch Tarzan."

Lena smiled and looked back at Kara who spoke up again, "Okay, just go downstairs. I will be there in a minute." Lori turned to leave but Kara spoke up again "Lori, darling, who came up to watch Tarzan?"

Lori beamed and proudly said "Liam and I!" And with that she ran off. Kara chuckled and squeezed Lena's shoulder.

"They want to watch your favorite Disney movie. Normally they will go with Frozen or Moana, but now- Rao, what do we have great children." It was right, Lena's favorite Disney movie was Tarzan, so Lena studied Kara and smiled, when Kara surged forward and wrapped herself around Lena. A minute later she heard a sob, Lena had never seen this side of Kara, well that's a lie. She had seen this side of Kara once or twice but this- this was something new. This was pride mixed with something sad.

So, Lena let out soothing words and rubbed Kara's back, doing whatever she could for her wi- friend. It took merely minutes for Kara to regain herself and remove herself from Lena. Kara looked at Lena and with this unique look on her face she leaned forward. Lena couldn't wait anymore so she quickly closed the gap and kissed Kara desperately.

Some time passed by and finally they parted, with Lena breathing heavily. Suddenly Kara started to chuckle, and even with Lena having trouble breathing she raised an eyebrow, so Kara explained, "It's a miracle that those little monsters didn't storm upstairs. Normally they would do anything for their food, especially pizza." Lena chuckled and sat up right.

As on queue Lena heard tiny steps upstairs coming closer and closer. Kara literally burst out laughing while Lena giggled and looked at the door. There Liam and Lori ran inside. They ran to the bed and jumped on it. Together they snuggled between their parents, each holding onto one. Liam was holding onto Lena, the little boy placed his head on Lena's stomach and curled around his mother.

Kara was the first to speak, "So, little intruders, where is grandma?"

Lori was the one to react. "She is going home, she will be back tomorrow. Could we please get pizza?" Lena chuckled before Lori added "In bed?"

Lena looked at Kara and Kara looked at Lena, the silent question in her eyes. But Lena didn't want to sleep in a bed with crumbs in it, even if Kara was some supersonic machine. So Lena spoke up "No, we are going to eat downstairs while we watch a movie, okay? After that it's bed time." A groan came from both the children which made both Lena and Kara chuckled and with that Kara stood up, carrying Lori with her.

She walked to the other side of the bed and grabbed Liam. Both their children were giggling and with that Kara walked out of the room. But not calling after her "Babe, come!" Lena laughed and quickly stood up. She rushed after them and without any problem she walked beside Kara who was carrying their giggling children in her arms.

Together they walked to some sort of entertainment room with a big movie screen on the wall. Kara walked to a row of couches and placed Liam and Lori on it. With that she motioned for Lena to follow her, which she quickly did. They sat down on a love seat together, and Kara almost immediately pulled Lena to her. With that their movie night started, not much later pizza was ordered. It was safe to say that they ordered a lot. Lena even was flabbergasted when she saw Kara and her kids at least devour nine pizza's together. It also was nice of Kara to order some pasta for Lena since the latter didn't want any pizza.

But that evening Lena learned a whole different side of Kara. One that was even more caring, loving and affectionate. But the best thing was that she saw Kara being a mother.

Edited by: Kahlanaamnell