Five: Chit Chat

"Where am I?" were Steve Harrington's first words when he awoke the next morning

"Where am I?" were Steve Harrington's first words when he awoke the next morning. Elliot had been sneaking into his own room to grab some clothing for that school day while Sloane kept watching to make sure their mother didn't peek into the room and see the now-hungover teen. However, it seemed his sneaking had awoken said hungover teen. "Who're you?"

Elliot jumped, not expecting the boy to be awake, "You gotta be quiet I don't want my mom to hear. I'm Sloane's brother, Elliot. She took you home last night because you were too sad and wasted to drive."

Steve looked confused but attempted to get out of bed which caused him to groan and clutch his head. "Man, I've got a killer migraine, shit."

"Sloane's grabbing you some meds, just hang out here until our parents go to work, got it?" Elliot instructed as he sat down on the floor against his dresser since Steve was taking up the bed, "So, heard you and your girl had some problems last night?"

"And suddenly, my head just gets so much worse," the boy groans as he holds his head in his hands and running them through his hair, "Don't even talk about the Nancy shit, I hate feeling like the end is near. After so long and so much together, to think of us ending like this just blows."

The boy across from him shrugged, "Listen, I'm not a therapist, like, not even close. But, from what I've learned from some dumbass love and loss, if it's not meant to last it's not going to."

"But it feels like we were meant to last," Steve deflected, falling back on the bed and turning his head so his eyes met Elliot's. "I don't know why I'm telling you all of this. I don't even know you. Also, how are you Sloane's brother?"

"Half. My dad was killed while our mom was one month pregnant, she remarried and settled down a month after I was born and has been a piece of shit since," Elliot shrugged, explaining it so casually as if his mother wasn't who he believed to be a reincarnation of the devil himself. "Also, you do know me, we have chem together. I sit one seat in front of you."

Before Steve could say anything, Sloane opened the door and peeked in, "Here's some Tylenol for the hangover, mom and dad are gone so we're good to go. I'd hurry up and get ready if I were you guys because we're going to be super late. So, are you done chit chatting? I'm almost ready so you guys have like two seconds."

"Damn, okay, we're going," Elliot sighed, "We were just having a nice little chat, right Steve?"

"Nice is one way to put it," the boy sighed as he took the medication and rubbed his head as if he could get the migraine to leave by will alone.

"You know the right thing to do, Steve," Elliot whispered as Sloane was leaving the room. With that, he tugged on a jacket and left Steve alone in the room, assuming he would follow. Just for a moment, he turned back in and spoke, "Oh, shit, you can't go to school in a Halloween costume, here, take this." He tossed him a shirt and hoped Steve would get the idea. Sloane was already yelling from downstairs about how late they were so he hopped down and met her at the landing.