Guilty Thoughts

The morning after the battle I go to see my uncle who I know was injured in the battle last night.  I sit on the end of his bed starring at his face which is covered with bandages.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him, sort of already knowing what his reply will be.

"Wonderful." he replies sarcastically, "I love knowing my own sister is trying to have me killed."

"She almost killed me as well last night."

"What do you mean?" he sits up questioning me.

"Well when
Stannis had gotten through the gates, everyone started to panic. I told Sansa to go back to her room and hide, I knew Stannis wouldn't hurt her. But I knew Sir Ilyn would. Mother grabbed me and started dragging me away along with Tommen. She took us to the throne room and sat there on the throne and told us a story. The one about the lion. She had a vile of something. I don't know what it was but I knew it would kill us."

He looks at me with sad eyes but he doesn't say anything.

"I know she was just trying to save us." I say quietly. "From whatever Stannis would've done."

"I'm just glad youre alright."

"Im fine." I reasurre him "Im a big tough girl I can put on my own shoes and everything"

"Is Sansa ok?" my uncle asks.

"I think she's more than alright. Now that she wont be married to Joffrey."

"Why is it?"

"Margery Tyrell is to wed him now. The one that was married to Renly."

"We never talked about that when it happened. Im sorry, I know he was very dear to you."

"He was one of the only people I got along with here. He was like my best friend. I told him everything.  And I never even got to say goodbye."

"He cared about you very much."

"Yet he never stayed to support me. He knew I am the rightful heir. The only true born of Robert and Cersei."

"Lyanna quiet. You never know whos listening."

"Everyone knows its true. And Ned Stark died for it."

"He made his own decisions ."

"He did but hes dead now because he tried to do the right thing. Whereas Renly fled. He was scared, a coward. He wasn't made for this world. He wasn't strong enough. Not just as a fighter but mentally as well. You have to be smart to survive, always thinking two steps ahead of everyone else. That's why I know you'll outlive us all."

"You're pretty smart yourself, you figure out things sometimes even before i do."

"I try." I say "If youre not fast at things like that you might end up dead. And personally im trying to stay alive as long as i can."

"Have you ever thought to send a letter?" my Uncle asks me a question and i know who it is about.

"No, never. I feel like the less i think about him the better it will be. Im trying to forget you see."

" That might be for the best."

"I know it is, as much as it kills me. I know that its better to just stay away so he doesn't get hurt."

"Sometimes its what we have to do to protect the ones we love." he reply's sadly.

"Sometimes I regret not just staying in the north with Robb. Maybe things could've been prevented."

"Lyanna you can't think like that its war, its what men do. And how do you know you could've stopped anything it was his father Joffrey beheaded. He would've been your family and if you would've tried to stop Robb you might have been in the same position as Jamie."

"Robb wouldn't do that."

"How do you know? You don't know him."

"I know him well enough!" I raise my voice. Getting angry that my uncle would judge Robb's character. What does he know, i know Robb cares about me. "Excuse me, I must go."

I stand and exit the room shutting the door hard behind me. With my back to the door I feel my legs start to give out and I slide down the door. Tears start to fall from my eyes and i'm starting to think Robb a lot of the horrible things going on is my fault.

**************

Hi guys than k you so much for being so patient with me! Im trying to publish new chapters more often! I have just gotten so caught up with work! But see how much you guys like my story really motivates me to continue the story! Thanks for all the love and support! xoxo