Chaeyoung - The drawing

Chaeyoung loved to draw. Everyone knew that. What they didn't realise is that her best drawings were only made when she was stressed or upset. The drawings that her fans and her friends would ogle over and praise were the ones that had kept her up at night in a fit of tears.

There was one drawing that Nayeon had gotten framed. It hung next to the television. It was about an A4 sheet size. She had drawn it with water colours. There were mostly blues and reds. The strokes were rough and wild. It didn't even look like anything to Chaeyoung. Just a spatter of paint and water on a piece of paper. Obviously Nayeon thought something of it. Chaeyoung could remember the day she had shown it to her.

"Oh my god." Nayeon said, her eyes wide as she stared at the painting. "How did you..." She looked up at Chaeyoung. She had tears in her eyes as she said very firmly: "We're framing it."

Chaeyoung only later found out why Nayeon had been so amazed by her smudging of paint. She said that she had looked at it, and she immediately understood what it was. She said she could relate to it in a way she couldn't understand. Chaeyoung guessed this is what artists aimed to do. To create a piece that people would resonate with. That people would look at and immediately understand what was going on.

Nayeon wasn't the only one who had this reaction. Momo had it too.

Actually, Momo was the first person she had shown the drawing to... well, the first person to stumble upon it.

Chaeyoung had painted it in the kitchen one night when she was stressed and feeling sick. She had a sore stomach and was feeling nauseous all day and all of a sudden at 2am, she decided to take out her watercolours and paint. 

The reds were the pain. The blues were the tears. Well, that's how she interpreted it.

Momo was awake that night too. She had stumbled into the kitchen, surprising Chaeyoung and causing the piece of art in front of her to be blown the the ground in front of Momo's bare feet.

"Sorry." She had said in a whisper and reached down to pick up the work. When she took a look, she frowned deeply. Then she opened and closed her mouth a few times. 

"Am I just dumb, or is that a painting of feelings?" She asked. Chaeyoung was taken aback. It's not that she actually thought Momo was dumb, it was just that she didn't expect the older girl to understand the mess of paint. She nodded slowly and Momo looked back down at the paper.

"It looks like mine." She mumbled. Then she handed it back. She walked to the fridge and pulled out a plate of cold jokbal. She cried as she picked some up and ate. "You're very good Chae." She said. "You should frame it."

She didn't frame it until she showed it to Nayeon. And that wasn't until a week after she died. She wished she could pull it down and burn it.

A/N: Next isssss....