chapter 2

Alyssa's POV

Carter said that she needed to grab something really quickly so we had to stop at her house. I knew she and Ryan we're practically neighbors so we weren't really going out of the way or anything. 

We eventually pulled up at her house. Oh my god. Was the only thing I could think when we drove through the gates leading up to her mansion. 

Mansion. It was massive. I could see that this neighborhood was nice so I was expecting a nice house but I was not expecting this.

A huge house sat on a white stone cul de sac. I could see a garage attached to the house that must've housed six cars at least. 

Ryan snapped me out of my astonishment. "Are we here?" he asked groggily, waking up after we came to a stop.

"No we're at mine, I need to grab something," Carter said. 

"I need to run to the bathroom." Ryan stated, "Alyssa, wanna come in?" he asked. 

I glanced at Carter for her approval. She nodded and walked ahead of us up through the door. 

"Miss Carter, and Mister Ryan"! I heard a man in some sort of accent exclaim. I saw a tall middle-age man dressed in a three-piece suit opening the door. 

If this guy is a butler, I may die on the spot I thought to myself. 

"And who's this lovely lady Mister Ryan?" the man asked. 

"This is Alyssa, my girlfriend." I couldn't help but smile at how proudly he said that.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Alyssa, I'm Lincoln", he stated. 

"Nice to meet you," I said politely. 

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Lincoln questioned.

"All good, thanks Lincoln," Carter said.  He nodded politely in response. 

"I'm gonna run upstairs, talk to Lincoln or Rosa if you need anything" she continued. 

Who the hell is Rosa? Another butler? I had never seen anything like this aside from in the movies.  

Ryan turned to me. "Let's run-up to my room real quick," he said. 

"You have a room here?" I asked incredulously. 

"Well when you live in a 14 bedroom house pretty much anyone can have a room" he laughed. 

I was still curious about Lincoln. 

"So is Lincoln like a butler?" I asked Ryan. 

"Yeah pretty much, he takes care of things like events and business-related things while Rosa and the other staff do the cooking and cleaning," he said casually. 

"How many  other staff members live here?" I asked him. 

"Just Mike the groundskeeper, Lily whose in charge of the stables and Dawn the personal assistant."

I nodded, trying my best not to look as shocked as I felt. This made me look up to Carter in a way I hadn't. Not because she was rich, but because she didn't flaunt it. Most other people at Crest were decked out in Chanel and Louis Vuitton at all times, not Carter. She probably had more money than them by a landslide and she wore nice clothes, but she didn't have that same need to show off. 

I don't want to make it sound like my family doesn't have any money. We do, we have a nice house and nice cars, and they send me to private school. But the Blake's came nowhere close to that. 

Back in reality, Ryan was leading me up a movie-like spiral staircase that seemed to go on forever. 

Embarrassingly enough, I was starting to get a little out of breath. "You good?" he asked. "We can take the elevator."

Of course, I thought, why wouldn't Carter Blake have an elevator in her house. 

"No I'm fine," I said. It turned out Ryans room was on the same floor as Carter's. Her room was at the end of the hall and her double french doors were wide open so I could see her room which was pretty much the size of the entire bottom floor of my house. 

It was so typically Carter. The lights were on but it still had an eerie darkness with the shades that were over the windows. 

In the center of the room, a massive King size bed sat draped with blankets. There seemed to be a pale blue and grey theme to the room. Her walls were an off white color and her headboard was pale grey.  

On one side a giant painting of Mac Miller was on the wall. I knew how much she worshiped him, based on how often her Instagram stories would be filled with him. It seemed like she took it personally after he died, provided that she didn't know him.  

Her floor was pale hardwood with a dark grey carpet covering most of the room. The ceilings were high and she had floor to ceiling windows. 

Turning my head more I saw her sprawled out on her shays lounge with a dab pen in her hand. Apparently, that's what she needed to get. Typical. 

I rolled my eyes and walked into Ryans room, which was definitely smaller than Carter's but still pretty huge. 

 I had walked in front of Ryan and he had made sure to carefully shut the door behind me. 

Before I could even make a comment he had placed both hands on my hips and brought his lips to mine. From the way he was kissing me I could tell that he wanted to do more than just that. I knew he had been wanting to go all the way for a while now. 

It's not like he was too pushy or anything, he wasn't that kind of guy. I've just never done that with anyone, and I feel like I need more time. 

It's not that I don't love Ryan or anything, it's more that I don't feel ready. 

I kissed him back but I wouldn't let him do anything more than that. Carter's house didn't really seem like the right place. 

I pulled away slightly. "Not now Ry," I whispered. 

He nodded. "Yeah, I feel like Carter could definitely come in," he said. 

"Exactly," I replied.