Chapter Four - Better Leave

Fanart: By Minuiko on Game of Thrones Fanart

Word Count: 4627

King's Landing – 298AC

From one week to the other things were getting more and more dramatic.

Lyonel had wondered for a long time where his beloved Uncle Tyrion had gone. It took a month to get from Winterfell to King's Landing, the wall could have added a week or two of extra travel, but he should have been here by now.

He really missed his witty comments and cool mind. While his father was good to joke with, Uncle Renly good to talk politics with and Uncle Jaime good to spar with, none of them could hold a particularly challenging conversation.

So where was Tyrion and when will he be back at court?

The answer came in the worst way possible.

Lyonel was with Aeron at the time when they brought an injured Ned Stark in. His bone was sticking out of his thigh and he was unconscious. Lyonel angrily demanded to know what happened. That's when his mother took him aside and explained that Cat Stark arrested Tyrion on the suspicion of attempted murder of Bran Stark and in an act of revenge Jaime had his men kill Ned's and then injured his leg.

The Black Stag could not understand any of it. Tyrion was such a gentle soul, he would never hurt a child, Cat Stark's allegations must have been baseless. However, none of that gave Jaime the authority to hurt Ned and kill his men.

He gave Sansa his condolences for the men, especially Jory Cassel, but Sansa had been cold to him ever since Joffrey became her fairytale prince again. He couldn't give any comfort to Arya either as she refused to talk to him yelling that everyone connected to the Lannisters was a monster and she didn't want to associate with anyone in the cursed family. It hurt his feelings but he left her to grieve hoping she'd see that he was nothing like the lions eventually. Fittingly he had taken the silent treatment to Uncle Jaime who had once again shown that cruel side Lyonel hated, or atleast he would have if Jaime hadn't ran from King's Landing to escape the aftermath of his own actions.

He visited Ned everyday through his six day sleep. When he finally woke up he sighed with happy relief. He had really grown to like the man and would deeply regret it if something happened to him.

The thoughts of his future came back to him. No, he may never be king but that doesn't mean he couldn't forge his own destiny.

That's how he got in this unfortunate position.

"What do you mean you want to leave?" His mother snapped furiously "You can't leave court!"

Cersei paced back and forth in the small council chambers. There was no council meeting but Lyonel did call a family meeting. He sat in the hand of the king chair with Aeron standing behind him silently. Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen also sat at the table.

"We should wait for Father to discuss this Mother" He said trying to calm her down.

"What are we discussing anyway?" Joffrey asked folding his arms with the same arrogant expression he had for as long as Lyonel could remember.

He turned to his brother and faked a smile "Dear Brother, I wish to leave in search of Catelyn Stark, I want to negotiate Uncle Tyrion's imprisonment and bring him home"

"There's no negotiations with that woman!" Cersei hissed before anyone else could say anything.

The black-haired princes shrugged "Prehaps, but we won't know until we try"

"You'd leave?" Myrcella asked, her voice sad "For how long?"

"I'm not certain yet" He admitted sympathetically smiling at his little sister.