14. First Love

It had been two days since Liam had found Mason in his porch waiting for him. Two days since Theo was in the hospital. Two days that Liam did not leave his side. He felt exhausted, broken and desperate for reasons that had nothing to do with the few hours of sleep he had had. Melissa had advised him several times to go home, but he had not wanted to. He would not have moved from there. He would not be alone in a house where everything screamed 'Theo', where everything smelled of him. He would not have been there waiting to know if Theo would have be saved or ... or ... He could not even think about it. He did not want to think about it.

"Has he been there all day?" Scott whispered to his mother, watching from the door Liam asleep in the armchair in the corner of Theo's room.

"It's been there all weekend" Melissa sighed, "He did not want to leave"

Scott sighed too. He knew very well how Liam must feel. Then he turned his gaze to Theo, lying unconscious, his face blindfolded and covered with burns on every part of his body.

"Do you think he will be saved?" He asked his mother, looking back at her.

"This morning I gave him the nine herbs, they should start to work if all goes well"

"Liam knows?"

Melissa shook her head "I did not want to give him false hope in case they did not work. They were serious burns, not to mention the trauma caused by the explosion. It is a miracle that Peter and Nolan have come out almost unharmed"

"It's my fault, I sent them there, it's me that Monroe wanted"

"It's not your fault, honey, you know. None of them was there against their will. They were ready for anything. And Theo ... he willingly threw himself on Nolan, to protect him. He could escape, but he didn't. That's something- I never expected to see. "

Scott sighed "Neither did I, I should have listened Liam from the beginning. I think he always knew" His look went back to his sleeping beta "Liam understood Theo as nobody else ever did. I ... think they are very similar in so many things. Both have had their inner demons to face. But at the same time they are completely the opposite. It's... like they complement each other. "

"The so-called soulmates" Melissa smiled. He patted his son's shoulder and then turned to the chairs in the hallway, where Mason, Corey and Nolan were dozing. Melissa sighed and smiled. "I'll check him later, you will stay here, honey?"

Scott nodded.

And as Melissa disappeared down the hallway, he crossed the threshold and stood beside Theo. He raised a hesitant hand before grasping the chimera's, and slowly he took his pain. It was a burning pain, but certainly lighter than it was when he had absorbed it the night before.

Suddenly he felt a slight pressure against the hand gripping Theo's fingers, and widened his eyes when he felt the boy's fingers tighten slightly around his. At the same time, Theo coughed, and Scott looked up at his face.

"Hey," he whispered, letting go of his hand and stepping to the left to be closer to his face. Theo painfully tilted his neck to look at him. "Scott" croaked. He tried to clear his throat. "What ... what happened?" He asked weakly.

Scott sighed, pursing his lips. "An explosion, in the warehouse. The omega has traded her life for yours"

Theo moaned, "Son of a bitch," he then remarked, closing his eyes to the atrocious pain that must have passed through his body.

"Stay quiet, you're still healing, the nine herbs must have just begun to kick in. You're a chimera, it took you a lot more time than us to heal "