15. Everything [THE END]

"Home, sweet home" Liam said too cheerfully, as he opened the door of his house, holding it open because Theo could step in.

"You're ridiculous" Theo commented, crossing the threshold slowly with a half smile on his face, suffocated immediately by a moan of pain. He brought a hand to rub his left side and stopped, mentally cursing.

"Everything okay?" Liam asked immediately, the expression now worried.

"I'm fine, Liam" Theo said almost exasperatedly, rolling his eyes.

It was since he woke up that morning on the hospital bed, with Liam lying down next to him, his hand still close to his, that the wolf kept asking the same question, with that look anxious as if he feared that Theo could collapse at any moment. On the one hand Theo felt his chest tighten to the way Liam seemed to care for him, it was a feeling he liked, on the other he hated it. He hated feeling vulnerable. He hated being pitied. "It's only the last wounds that are healing"

Liam snorted, while Theo limped towards the sofa, throwing himself over without too much preamble, then emitting another moan of pain "Yeah of course, you are really looking good" he mumbled, reaching him.

"Melissa would not have let me out if it was not all right," Theo muttered, his voice muffled and his face still against the sofa cushions.

Liam looked at him standing next to it for a few seconds, before rolling his eyes "Can't you get up, right?"

"Right"

Liam chuckled, before sitting down next to him, on the edge of the sofa, not to end up on the other's legs, and helped him sit up. Theo gave a grunt of protest as he sat down for good, and then he met Liam's gaze.

"Do not look at me like that," he just said, and Liam could swear it was the first time he saw Theo pouting. He was cute, not that he would ever tell him something like that. It was not really the compliment that someone like Theo would surely like

"Like what?" He breathed amused, unable to hold back the smile to the other's expression

"As if you're afraid I'll breakdown at any moment," Theo exclaimed with a snort of fake indignation. "I hate it. I'm a chimera gone to hell and risen, fuck. It will not be a small firework to knock me out "

"Okay," Liam sighed, a smile who still held on his face. "I'll stop" And gave him a solid pat on the back.

"Argh" Theo groaned, clenching his eyes and slumping against the backrest, writhing

"Mmh .. Sorry, oh unshakable chimera," Liam said sarcastically.

Theo opened only his left eye, but it was enough to give Liam a killer look. Liam laughed, but then he put his right hand on Theo's left one, and slowly took his pain.

Theo also opened the other eye and slightly raised his head from the back to look, almost hypnotized, the black lines that came from his fingers to Liam's forearm and then disappeared under the rolled sleeves of his sweatshirt. Liam slightly widened his eyes to the pain that pervaded him "Do you call that 'be alright'?" He exclaimed, almost irritated now.

"You're the one who almost took my shoulder off"

"Oh don't get dramatic now, Mr. Gone-to-hell-and-risen"

"You know, you should learn to take your responsibilities," Theo replied, now with a half-grin on his face and a provocative tone, to which Liam looked at him raising his eyebrows with a sly smile on his face. "What? Do you want me to kiss it better?'' He challenged him.

Theo held his gaze, with the same identical smile on his face. "Maybe"

They had not talked about it yet, about whatever was happening between them now, after the kiss of the night before, but, Liam thought as he approached his lips still twisted in a smile to the chimera's ones, maybe words were not meant for them. They were more the facts types, punches rather than insults, kisses rather than big declarations. Then they had all the time that they wanted. And they both wanted to make the most of it.