Chapter 26:

Antonio's POV
"Honey I'm home!" I yelled as I walked into the house.
"Hello love." She said walking over from setting the table, "How did it go?" She asked before kissing me.
"Fine, I guess." I said when we pulled apart, "where are the kids."
"Oh well Benito is in his room, Jacinta is up doing homework, and Sonny is at a friend's house. I told him to be home by seven so he should be here soon."
"Well I'm gonna go talk to Benito about this fight."
"Oh my God I totally forget about that. Thank you Antonio." She said walking back into the kitchen.
I walked up to Benitos door. "Hey bud can I come in?" I said after knocking lightly.
"Yeah Dad?" He said opening the door.
"We need to talk." I said sitting on his bed.
"Oh umm okay." He said sitting down next to me.
"Your mom told me about the school calling her about a fight you got in?"
"Yeah I did." He said looking down ashamed of himself.
"Tell me what happened." I said trying to stay calm. But that was hard for me.
"Well it was during lunch on the playground. We were playing hide and seek and Patrick and I got found. So we were waiting for the round to end and just talking. I asked Patrick what he was doing for Columbus day. He said his family didn't celebrate it, he said it was a weird thing Italians do. And then he said his family was better because they were Irish and that my family sucks because we're Italian. Then we started getting loud and fighting. And Mrs. B came over and took us to the principal." He explained.
"Benito you understood we have punish you somehow. Even though you were standing up for yourself." I said.
"Dad I was only doing it to make you proud. I know what happened to nonna with that Irish family. I thought maybe k I did something for the family I would be a man." He said.
"Come here Benito," I said opening my arm. I hugged him tight and kissed his head. "You made me very proud Benito. I'd say you're getting closer to being a little man every day."
"Thanks Dad." He said.
"Come on let's go down for dinner." I said standing up.
Benito slipped his hand in mine as we walked down stairs. I knocked on Jacinta's door real quick, "time for dinner honey." I said.
I walked downstairs with Benito and he went to the table to sit.
"How did it go?" Vittoria asked.
"Not good." I said walking out to the kitchen.
"Antonio I told you to stay calm. Remember he's just a kid."
"It's not that. I didn't ground him."
"What? Why?"
"He said he did it to make me proud." I said leaning on the counter.
"Antonio that doesn't change the fact that he got in a fight." she said opening the oven.
"Wait didn't he tell you the story."
"No I was just in a bad mood and didn't give him a chance."
"He said he wanted to make me proud. He said he thought if he did something for the family he would be more of a man."
"Oh my God. My little boy already is growing up." Vittoria said looking out to Benito.
"You see why I couldn't do it."
"Yeah." She said just as there was a knock at the door, "you go sit I'll get it." she said.
"Hi Mrs. Amato. Thanks for bring him home." She said.
"No problem. I hope you don't mind I just didn't want him walking home alone."
"Oh no not at all thank you. Bye."
"Bye."
Everyone was sat at the dinner table eating and chatting just like old times.