Change in the Air: Part 2

Nezu walked through the warp hole, emerging into the medical wing of the school campus. There wasn't much time, the furry creature set a quick pace as he clacked down the hallway. Rize biting the child was not foreseen in his plans; but he always was prepared. Recovery Girl was close behind, making calls on her phone, instructing her subordinates to prepare a room for the child. 

"Nezu, what is going on with the boy? Why is he in such a state?" Recovery Girl moved closer, examining him and his physical appearance. 

"Rize bit him - she has a venom that is released from her teeth when she attacks. Regardless of what little Eri did, there was still enough venom remaining to put the boy through shock. I am just surprised he lasted as long as he did. His quirk is fighting to save him, but in doing so it's attacking itself. Come now, time is not on our side!" Nezu bursted through a set of double doors - several doctors and nurses awaiting Recovery Girl's orders. 

The bite mark on his shoulder had purpled - it was close to black at that point. The venom had been eating away at his flesh...

***

Several hours went by, there was so much blood - Recovery Girl had never seen anything like this. Izuku - his body had been fighting to protect him from Rize's venom - it had damaged all the nerve endings of his right shoulder, affecting his wing. But by the way it reacted - it was functioning as it should; however something was off. His right wing didn't look like an angel's wing - it was a bat wing or demon wing. 

"Nezu, what do you want to do now. The boy is stabilized, but I don't know if he will be okay functioning on his own, without one of us being with him." Recovery Girl looked over at the small form - he was attached to so many plugs and tubes, a scene she detested. 

"I don't know. For now - we keep him alive."

***

No One's POV: 

Muffled and aggressive voices echoed through Nezu's office. Baby Izuku had been in intensive care for nearly a month now. The creature sent letters to Shigaraki informing him of the child's well-being. Other than that - Nezu didn't give the villain any opportunity to see the child. 

"We've had this conversation. You cannot keep the child away from his father. He will miss him!" Recovery Girl screamed at the top of her lungs. Nezu had decided to find Izuku and give him to someone that could better the child for Hero-dom. 

"It doesn't matter what they want. It is what the child needs. He is in danger staying with a group of villains. I will be selecting a new family for him. I don't want to hear anything more on the subject. He isn't even awake yet." With that Nezu leaves the room, Recovery Girl is fuming over the decision, but at the same time Nezu wasn't wrong. The child needed a stable home. But who did he have in mind? None of the Pros, accept for a certain flame user, wanted a family. 

Moving to the room a few doors down, Recovery Girl looked over the child once more. Her heart wrenching from the amount of guilt. Even though she promised Shigaraki he'd be returned - there was no way now. She couldn't go against Nezu...

"I'm sorry little one. Don't hate us. We only want what's best for you." Closing the door, Izuku was left alone dreaming of his family. 

To be continued...