cancel culture

its a lot & not in a good way

before i start i just want to send out a reminder that everything i write is an opinion. ok thanks

cancel culture is either reallyyy bad and toxic or beneficial in disguise

im basically going to be using the james charles , jeffree star , tati situation for most of this.

now here is where i say cancel culture is very very VERY toxic and bad.

1. celebs come out of the woodworks to drag and put in their two cents when it is not needed. in the james charles situation , jefree star came out of the blue trying to add himself into the situation . saying and sending disgusting and awful things to james , as well as regulars on the internet. i will say i participated in this & some of you reading probably can too but , we called james charles a predator with no evidence. but we needed something to " cancel " him for. us being extremely hateful & prideful in the fact that we were " cancelling " almost drove him to suicide. which is a scary thing to know .

2. now here is where i go into why i said cancel culture is beneficial. but only for white people. first , the james charles thing , tati westbrook gained 5 million subscribers just from saying the words " doesnt matter im a celebrity ". even though james charles was being " cancelled " he had the attention of millions of people good & bad , and was having meme after meme , tweet after tweet , everything about him. even trending on social media platforms. people who didnt know about james charles , they know about him now. but if we look at the dote shopping situation ( if u dont know just look it up ) i barely heard anything about it. and u would think it would be some big thing because it had to do with discrimination towards people of color and individuals want to be " woke " now but no. from what i seen it was a big deal for about 2 days and then blew over. and the poc that talked about it , i didnt hear about them surging with subscribers . or meme about the company , nothing.

ok i think thats all i wanna say about that , just remember everything i write on here is solely a opinion, barely facts