Morning Routine

It has been a week since I've moved into Dryl, and I must say it's a rather nice place. The people are nice enough, and there are robots everywhere either helping one of the residents or keeping the kingdom clean and up to code. I had moved into a medium to large room which has enough space for when I want to work on any personal project and enough space for all of my stuff, or at least all of my personal belongings. The bed was rather soft, I guess the people here really value comfort or something. Also, practically everything here is purple, wonder why. 

I got out of bed thanks to a alarm that came with the room and I had to set it to 7:50 AM incase I slept for too long. The room was partially lighted since it was morning, the sunlight coming through the window shades. Weird since there was no sun/star for the planet to orbit, have to look into that when I have free time. I left the room to head to the area where Entrapta normally had breakfast. A little tricky to get to because Entrapta designed the insides of the castle to be one giant maze, but since I had good memory I was able to adapt to it and navigate, sometimes. 

As I made my way towards the kitchen, the robot butler for Entrapta zoomed by me with a tray of a delicious aroma. We had both turned a corner and made it to the dining area where I saw Entrapta sitting at a table bouncing around in her seat impatiently with a mug of coffee. She had added a lot of cream, sugar packets, and milk to it. She really loves herself some sugar & sweets. 

"Good morning Entrapta." I said. "Oh! Good morning Thomas. I've been waiting five minutes for my morning meal. It's the best meal of the day!" She had said it in a rather quick manner. "Why are you here?" Weird question to ask but I found it funny. "I'm here for breakfast just like you." I said while sitting down in a chair across from her. I started talking "Did you stay up late again?" "No." "Entrapta." "Okay yes. But it was one hour less than normal!" While we were talking the butler robot laid down the tray that it was carrying in front on Entrapta. It had scrambled eggs with grape jelly on top of them, but not so much that they covered the eggs. There was also a bottle of orange juice for which I knew was there because Entrapta drinks that with her breakfast instead of coffee because she only drinks coffee to stay awake or just to get a boost in the morning so she can start working right away. 

"So what's your plan for today, same thing as yesterday or are we changing the routine?" I said. She responded with "Same thing as the last few days, dissecting First One's tech and finding out their origin on Etheria." Same old young Entrapta, focused on the big projects rather than the small ones, unless distracted by something new. The robot butler was about to buzz off with Entrapta's now empty coffee mug when I stopped and said "Hey, butler. Could you get me a toasted raisin bagel with budder spread on it please? Along with orange juice." The butler responded with a positive beeping sound and rolled away on it's wheel. Entrapta started eating almost right away with the smile that she wears 24/7. 

I had wanted to talk with Entrapta during breakfast but I decided to just let her eat her eggs. After she finished her eggs and juice she stood up and started walking away. She stopped in her tracks immediately and turned to face me. She said "Oh! Did you want me to wait for you to eat your breakfast?" I responded "No, go get started on the research, I'll catch up." "Ok." As soon as she responded she started walking away towards the hallway. She never really wondered if she should wait. I guess her social skills are increasing, good for her. 

I was left alone in the big room with it's tall ceiling. The only other person was a tall robot cleaning the room. It was weirdly designed having one arm on its right side and two on its left. I could see it as useful but still strange looking on first glance, but you get use to it though. The butler robot came back with a toasted raisin bagel with budder and orange juice. I ate the bagel, drank the juice, then headed onto Entrapta's lab to start working. Why on Etheria (glad I get to say that) did Entrapta decide to make a maze? It's so frustrating sometimes to deal with it, even Entrapta can't navigate this chasm without her little tablet she has on her person almost always. At least she's always prepared for researching something. 

I finally made it to Entrapta's lab with it's giant closed security door with a keypad on its right side. The code was rather long (as if I would tell anyone the code) and tedious, but at least it was a fairly easy code. I walk in seeing robot carcasses hanging from the ceiling rather creepily. "Good thing they aren't alive, unlike last month thanks to the First One's virus.", I had thought to myself. As always Entrapta is studying a First One's shard or cpu chip, whatever exactly it is and seeing how they produce power and hold data. "Log. Day 127." She had started to record info on her recorder that she always has. "Possible theory of today is the power of First One's tech shards. Previous experiments show that F.O.T. shards are able to power machinery simply by being plugged in with any electric based contraption. Today, me and my lab partner will physically dissect a F.O.T. shard, hopefully finding out how it functions. Thomas is guessing hydrogen fusion, whatever that is. I'll have to question him on it later." I'm glad to be partners with her. It makes me real happy for some reason. 

"So, Entrapta," I begin to speak "In what way were you thinking of dissecting the shard? Crack it open like a glass bottle, cut it into pieces, perhaps an Ultrasound for kicks?" "Well, I was thinking of just cutting it with a precision laser and seeing how it goes." She had said back. "Alright then, let us start lasering the shards." I had said with joy. After my questioning, we started to work, cutting open the shards and seeing what makes them tick, and it went on for hours. 

Notes:

To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing here. I think that I don't focus enough on the conversations enough. Please let me know. 

Also I will try to get some lovey dovey moments in the next part. Let's see how Entrapta likes astronomy!