Rejection

the wolf stands tall and strong, the wind ruffling through his heavy coat. he stares down at the city below him.the lights bright and intimidating, but he loves one that lives in this city. only spoken to her once, but the pull grows. her blonde hair causes his body to shutter in awe. her ocean blue eyes cause him to howl in joy. so many days it has taken to get him to this exact spot. running and running for days straight to get to her. to get to his beautiful mate.

his eyes wander the flowing streets, the cars, the people. he searches for a blonde head of hair, but he knows in his heart he will not find her unless he does search.

so with that thought, he lets his human take back control.

i walk down the street, just like everyone else. purpose pumping my veins harder. i must go faster. my mate is near. i need her. it has been so long since i have seen her beautiful face, since i have heard her innocent voice. he face fills my dreams, my dreams to kiss her and hold her but a wall of distance thickens and pulls us apart.

where is my ocean eyed princess.

rope surrounds a building, and is surrounded my people. i slow, trying to get past the mass of fighting bodies, eager to see the scene behind the rope. i take a quick look. the building is on fire. the fire department sits outfront helpless to watch.

"i knew she was back." one from the crowd yells out.

"why are they just sitting there? they need to stop her!" another yells out

"you idiots!!" the chief of police turns and yells to the crowd. "this woman can't be stopped by us! we have to wait till she leaves."

just then a window is broken and the most beautiful sent hit my face. i watch the motorcycle fly from the window in awe. she looks so alive, so free. her mask turns my way and we stare at each other with only a thin piece of glass in the way. one word echoes from my head as i stare at the blue eyes behind the mask,

mate.

the bike hits the ground with a jolt, but she is ready. she bouces a bit but is safe. she quickly turns her bike and sits, staring at her handy work.

"the shadow rider returns." someone whispers behind me. my eyes do not leave my leather cladden mate as i drink her in. even mostly covered, her beauty shines.

she hopes off her bike cheerfully and bows with a twirl of her hand.

"at your service." she chuckles through her helmet. her voice light and kidding. i have missed her voice.

with that said, she trots back to her bike and swings a leg over. her eyes locked with mine. she revs her bike and spins in around. she rides down the now empty road. i watch her every move. her hand hesitates a bit, but then presses a button on her bike handle.

the building behind me explodes.

and as the debri rains on the people below it, a light word reaches my ears, carried by the nights wind

"im sorry."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

i pace around my lounge.one thought on my mind

"he knows! oh god he knows." i sigh out, my hands gripping my hair.

my mind whispers things to me, words i don't understand, mate. what ever it means, it pulls me toward the man who interrupts my dreams, and that can't happen. i have a promise i need to fufill and sexual tension will surely slow me down.

'i don't need this, i don't need him.' i try to convince myself, but my mind comes right back at me with force.

'you will love him, drop your fantasy and go to him.' it shoots back. i sigh out tiredly, clearing my mind of all thoughts of this random stranger.