Chapter Three

It was the first day of spring where the sun shines warmly outside and the cherry blossoms were blooming beautifully. However, inside of the RAKUZAN Agency, a certain band has been rushing in perfecting the new songs collection for the Spring Release. With Aomine Daiki as their lead singer, pumped up for their next tour, the practice and the recording session went smoothly.

“Dai-chan, I’m going to pick up Tsuki-chan. Her school session about to end soon.” She gestured at the clock on the wall.  The lead singer nodded as he drank his bottle of cool water, “Alright, drive safely on the road, okay?” He reminded her as she grabbed her handbag.

It has been a few months since his adopted daughter, Tsukiko enrolled into the elementary school. Not long ago, she told him about her feeling left out in the classes all due to her background being an orphan. The agency reminded him not to reveal himself as Tsukiko’s adopted father, if he wants the young bluenette to have a perfectly normal life. He did once thought of transferring her to another school, however, Tsukiko refused and he knew how stubborn his daughter is, and so, he did not spoke much of it.

Sure, Tsukiko is a bright child, whose imaginations are wider than most and behavior are much more mature than the rest of the kids he seen in his life, but he was worried if she’s putting a strong façade, just to not make him worried.

He rested his head on the couch as others went to get their lunch, he stares at the sky outside the window, ‘She is too young to be too strong…am I doing the right thing, Tetsu?’ his hands unconsciously held the pendant, that once belong to his beloved wife, Tetsuki. He closes his eyes, ‘I wish you’re here…’ he sighed.

Little does he knows, a pair of big round blue eyes quietly looked at him from the crack of the studio door. It saddens as her small hands tighten a little. She bit her lower lip, ‘Daddy has been working so hard…he barely gets enough sleep and here I am…’

“Tsuki-chan, what’s wrong?” The pinknette approached her from behind.

Quickly, the bluenette plastered a smile then she brought her pointy finger to her lips, “Shh, daddy’s sleeping.” She quietly said underneath her breathe as she peeked into the studio where the said man sound asleep on the couch. The two girls giggled when Aomine fell to his side and hit his head on the edge of the couch, “Well, it’s understandable why your dad’s like that. The tour’s coming soon and they worked really hard for it especially your dad.” Satsuki whispered as they watched the vocalist rubbed the top of his head groggily then he looked at his watch.

Knowing that he would be worried seeing his daughter has not arrived, Tsukiko quickly pushed the door wide open, “DADDY! TADAIMA!” she ran towards him as she jumped onto him, followed by the manager who smiled at the adorable sight.

Aomine smiled as he hugged her, “Welcome home, Tsuki-chan. You’re getting bigger and heavier by the day.” As he adjusted himself so that his beloved daughter can properly sit on his lap. Then, he noticed the pouting lips on his daughter, “I am not getting heavier.”

He blinks, forgetting that his daughter was a growing up young lady. He smiled apologetically, “Sorry, it’s been a while since I carried you and you’ve already grown so much.” He ruffles her soft blue locks, “How’s school?” he asked as Satsuki excused herself from the studio for a meeting in the third floor.

The child halted slightly upon the question. Then, she puts a smile, “School’s fine, daddy. We had lots of fun today when the teacher had us taking turns in taking care of a rabbit in the school nursery. I had my turn to!” she kept on and on, telling her beloved father, the fun she had in school that day. Below that smile were hints of sadness and loneliness, hidden from him.