Chapter Five

Here's another chapter. I apologize for irregular update but i've been sick here and there. Fevers showing up randomly without reasons but I am happy that this book still have readers despite it's lack of updates and for that, i wanna thank you guys for reading it :) 

_____________________

“AKASHI, ARE YOU THERE?!” The loud knocking on the door followed by bells woke the red head abruptly who was resting in his bedroom. He furrowed when he checked his phone, several miscalls from the vocalist. He brought himself up from the bed and went to the front door of his apartment.

Once reaching the door, he unlocked it and whoever that was making a ruckus, nearly hit him on the face, the moment the door opens. He frowned at his uninvited guests, “You owe me an explanation, Daik-“even before he could finish his sentence, Aomine shook him on the shoulder.

“THEY TOOK TSUKIKO!”

In his kitchen, Satsuki was making coffee and some snacks, a request from Akashi while he discussed things with Aomine. The red head were reading the letters that was present to the vocalist earlier by a man named – Takeda Souichiro. An officer from the Child Protection Department.

Akashi calmly puts the letters down onto the coffee table, “Well, you indeed got yourself into quite a predicament, Daiki.” He shifts his heterochromatic eyes to the restless vocalist, “With the government no less. You’re lucky that they haven’t brought the court in.” He folded his arms in front of his chest as he leans back against the snow-white couch.

“Can’t you use your connections? I’m sure you know someone who might be able to help us.” The navy haired man was on the edge of his seat. Akashi eyed him from the corner of his eyes, and then Satsuki approached them with a freshly brewed coffee and some snacks that she found in the kitchen cabinets.

She served them quietly as Akashi waits for his coffee to served, as he picked the cup up. He sipped it. He hummed, “Impressive, Satsuki. Your coffee tastes better than usual. Have you been practicing?” he watched the pinknette sat down next to Aomine. She nodded, “I’m glad it’s working.” She smiled.

“Can you just cut the chit chat?!” Aomine lose his patience as he slammed his hands onto the coffee table. Where some of the freshly brewed coffee spilled, “Daiki, you’ve wasted a cup of good coffee. Did you not learn in the past that you shouldn’t waste?”

The vocalist clicked his tongue as he grabbed a hold of the shorter male collars, “Can you help me or not?” he growled. The ticking from the clock on the wall broke the tense as seconds passed by. The two male exchanged fierce glance.

Akashi lets out a sigh, “Your lack of patience would be the death of you someday, Daiki. Calm down.” He finally spoke as he puts down the cup. Aomine frowned, “If you can’t help, I’m leaving!” he began to stomped away towards the door.

“I can help you.”

His two guests followed him to his in-home office where he used for his work aside being a bassist to the band. Aomine’s midnight blue eyes travels across the spacious room where everything kept tidy. Folders, documents, books, the usual working items for an office, until his gaze falls to something that stood out like a sore thumb at the corner of the office.

A black guitar back was leaning against the wall next to the bookshelves behind Akashi’s desk. A blue ribbon tied to it. He knows Akashi likes keeping things professional but to have a ribbon tied to his belonging. He went towards the guitar bag, just as he was about to reach for the ribbon.