-𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

SOLIDARITY
.☆。• *° °

        HUMID AND HOT

HUMID AND HOT. That's all Mara feels as she lays on the dry and cracked dirt floor. Her skin is sticky with sweat and her hair matted on her moist face. She reaches out her hand as she looks for her drink, needing it for her parched throat.

     She runs her fingers over the floor, the only thing she feels being grains of sand and dry grass. She opens one eye, only to come face to face with the sun rays. She expected to see the bright colors of pink and purple dancing in front of her, so waking up upon the sight of the sun shocks her.

    " What the fuck." Are the first words she has said since she came through the doors of the abandoned house about an hour ago.

      At the sound of her raspy voice, a circle of floating heads bestow upon Mara. "Are you alright? " A boy with brown hair and a very dazed look comments. " Who the fuck are you? " In a state of shock, Mara gets up and starts backing away.

    She now notices it's a group of about twelve boys, all of them staring at her. A mix of fear and anger slowly oozes through her body.

     " I saved ya'. " Mara looks to the boy who spoke, one with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, and gives him a glare. " Saved me from what exactly? " A hint of a heavy British accent is heard as the boy answers her question. " The cranks. They were going to shucking kill you! "

      Anger radiates on Maras face now, she looks at the boy and quickly strides towards him. He backs away as she gets closer, her feet composing stomping noises on the sand. " The cranks? You saved me from the cranks? " Mara looks down at her hands, a red tint on the lines of her palms. She tries to compose herself by taking a deep breath.

Images of the crank she killed courses through her brain. She suddenly remembers the smell of iron and hot, dirty, breath. She remembers the crusted fingernails on her arm, drawing blood. She remembers carelessly walking into the party and accepting her drink. She remembers it all.

" You fucking idiot. I am a crank! " The last part is said with the crack of a voice, leading to a look of failure as Mara sinks down and starts sobbing.

" I'm a crank, I'm a crank, I'm a crank, I am a crank. " Mara rests her hands on her face, the blood leaving marks on her cheeks. Her voice carries the sound of weakness as she sobs.

Mara remembers the burden of guilt once she grabbed the rusty screwdriver and placed it in through the skull of the crank. She remembers the feeling of satisfaction as she finished him. She remembers the feeling of sorrow for herself. She's going past the gone.

" Hermana, calmate por favor. Calm down. " A man moves in front of the boy like a guard, shielding him from the lonely girl. " Are you okay? " He asks, kneeling down. Mara lifts her head and looks up at the man.

She sees it. She sees the crankiness. His bloodshot eyes, the crazed look in them, she sees everything. Mara slowly nods her head as she decides she can trust the man. She's just like him anyway.

" What did you do? " Mara looks back down at her now trembling hands, she killed someone. Mara can only stare at the man with sorrow-filled eyes as she questions what's left of her humanity.

" I'm a crank. " It's only a whisper, but it could be heard through the small crowd of boys. The small crowd of boys who are now inching away from her.

Except for one. The boy with the British accent.