-𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

SOLIDARITY
.☆。• *° °

          " Watch your feet

          " Watch your feet. "  " Gotcha, shank. " Mara grunts as her wound aches from all the climbing. Her and Jack are crossing a very narrow pathway up the mountain, their backs are pushed up against the wall as their feet barely cover the trail.

           On the parts of the journey where they had to climb, Jack would help by pushing her up, lessening the strength Mara had to use to reach the top. Her wound gladly thanks him for that.

          " Just a few more steps. " Mara makes the mistake of looking down, the group looking like specs on the floor rather than human beings. Her stomach swirls with the granola bars she ate an hour ago.

         " Jack, I might throw up. " She feels sweat line her forehead as she takes a few steps to the left, ultimately stopping at her sudden whooziness. " Not a fan of heights? " He tries at a joke but fails, reminding Mara she's way high up.

        " I'm not scared of heights, I just need to throw up. " She feels her throat tingle. Knowing herself, eventually the tingles will travel to her jaw, signaling the contents of her stomach will be leaving her body.

        " Well, you think you can aim your projectile vomit away from the slintheads down below? " Mara shakes her head no. " Just keep on walking and distract yourself, think of something that brings you joy.  We're almost there. "

       Mara thinks for a second. Her family, they bring her joy.  Or brought.  As far as she knows, they're dead. But Mara can't help but to reminisce the moments she had with them. Her brother punching her arm whenever they saw a broken window, which was quite a lot of times.

       " Window- " A loud smack could be heard as his knuckles would come in contact with her skin, " No punch backs! "

        Mara smiles, remembering the talks she would have with her mother about gods and goddesses. Her mother was obsessed with them, even going so far as to name her daughter after one of them.

         " Do you know of a goddess named Mara? " Her mother once asked her on one of those long journeys through the sandy trails.

          " Yes. Myself, I'm very flattered mother. " Mara's dad chuckled. " No, honey. Mara is a Hindu goddess, known for destruction. " Mara watched her mothers eyes stare ahead, surely daydreaming about the many powerful beings.

           " When you were a baby, I still didn't know what to name you. If I recall correctly, we would call you Jane Doe. Funny, right? " Her mother looked at Mara for approval. Mara just nodded.