Chapter 18

{ Edited - 1st Oct, 2021 }
{ Edited - 9th May, 2024 }

It was a strange feeling, everything seemed unfamiliar yet oddly comforting. I was at peace, yet also filled with a mix of anxiety and confusion. What the hell had just happened? What did Timone do?!

I woke up and realized that everything had changed - the view outside was completely different. Instead of being on a train heading to London, I found myself in a huge, plain room, lying on a bed.

 Instead of being on a train heading to London, I found myself in a huge, plain room, lying on a bed

I gradually regained my senses, feeling the ache in my body and the constant cramping in my hands. My wounded arm felt uncomfortably warm and itchy. As I sat up, I felt lightheaded, with my arm wound throbbing and stinging.

The air felt fresher, colder, and thinner as I took a deep breath. Looking around, I realized I wasn't in the dark train anymore. Instead, I found myself in a different room, in a different place. Glancing down, I saw that I was lying in bed under a thick white blanket. What caught my eye was the absence of a bandage on my arm. I could see my wound clearly, surrounded by hives and a red, itchy rash. What on earth had happened? A stab wound shouldn't be reacting like this!

My arm is the least of my worries right now; I must focus on finding a way out of this place. I got out of bed, but as soon as my foot hit the floor, a sharp pain shot through my leg, causing me to collapse. I felt something was seriously wrong. The intense pain spread to my chest, making it difficult to breathe or move without feeling even more agony. It seemed like all the air had been sucked out of my lungs, and simply taking a breath was becoming a struggle.

At this point, I realised that I was stuck.

"Oh my- Are you alright?!" I glanced towards the sound of the voice and noticed a nurse standing in front of me. She quickly kneeled beside me, softly taking hold of my arms and assisting me in standing up. With a gentle touch, she carefully led me back to bed.

"Go take a break, I'll stay with her," said Timone.

"You're such a dear," And just like that, the nurse departed and disappeared from view.

I glanced at Timone, feeling utterly bewildered. We managed to flee from the wights and boarded the train to London, but now I find myself in a hospital with strange injuries. It's all so confusing! I'm frustrated, angry, and stressed about not comprehending our current predicament. Are we in danger? Are we safe? Where exactly are we? What's happening? What has occurred? And where is the rest of the group? Why is my memory failing me?

"What happened?! What's going on?!" I snapped at him quickly.

Timone placed a stool down and plopped down heavily beside me. "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we found Miss Wren, the bad news is that you had an allergic reaction to my healing incantation,"

"That doesn't explain . . . " I stopped talking as I sensed the pain hitting me in waves, I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the inevitable impact.