Chapter 6

"I'm sorry. I cry too much." I laugh as the boys, besides Michael, and I stand in the kitchen after my breakdown.

"Don't apologize for something like that." Calum says. I nod as a response as Michael comes down the stairs. In his hand, he holds my three thin razors that I got from a shaving razor.

"Is this all of them?" He asks, and I nod. He walks over to the trash and I feel tears sting my eyes as I watch him throw them away. It's hard to just walk away. You can't just stop. It's an addiction that I don't think I can get over.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll help you out." Calum coos when he sees my tear filled eyes.

"You don't understand." I state.

"I do." Ashton says from behind me. He comes in front of me and pulls up his sleeve, revealing multiple scars on his forearm. A tear slips down my cheek.

"Then you would know it's a fucking addiction." I snarl. "It's not self-punishment anymore, Ashton! I do it because I like the feeling of it! It gives me a buzz that I love! I'm addicted and I don't know what to do!" I yell. They look taken aback, but before they can do or say anything, I mumble. "I'm taking a shower."

I run upstairs and grab a towel, heading to the bathroom. I start blaring music, getting lost in the bass and the drum beat and the lyrics and the guitar. Before I know it, the water goes cold, so I wash my hair and hop out. I throw on some shorts. Why put on anything else if they already know, right? I grab a Nirvana T-shirt and walk downstairs to find Ashton. I see him on the couch, on his phone, so I sit next to him. I lay my head on his shoulder as I grab his arm and pull it into my lap and start tracing the scars.

"I'm sorry for blowing up at you." I apologize. "I just-" I hesitate. "I just don't know how to handle this." I sigh.

"It's okay. I know that this is hard. It was hard for me too. We will help you get passed this." He says, stopping my mindless tracing of his scars by grabbing my hand. I lift my head off his shoulder to look at him properly. "I promise."

I smile and let go of his hand so I can hug him. After about 10 seconds of hugging, I hear Michael yell,

"Group hug!" Suddenly I feel a weight on my side. More is added on and then more. I'm struggling to breath and I think Ashton notices because he yells,

"Guys!"

"Can't. BREATH." I yell, but it comes out more like small whimpers.

"Get the fuck off her, you're gonna kill the poor child!" Ashton yells, laughing. One by one, the weight is lifted off me and I'm left laying on Ashton as I gasp for air.

"Jesus Christ, people! You're all so heavy!" I yell. They all laugh. I sit up once I've gotten my breath back and they also sit down. Calum sits next to me on the couch, Luke next to him, and Michael on the single chair.

"Let's watch a horror movie!" Michael yells. They all agree, but apparently I don't have a say in this, but I don't like arguing, believe it or not, so I say nothing. They order Chinese food and then turn on Lights Out.

"Fuck." I whisper, sinking down into the couch. As the beginning of it plays, I can already feel myself start to get uneasy.

About twenty minutes into the movie, I've screamed about five times and jumped more than I can count. Suddenly, the doorbell rings and I yelp.

"I got it!" I nearly shout as I jump up, eager to get out of the room. Ashton chuckles behind me before standing up.

"I have to pay." He says, walking behind me.

"Then I'll come with you!" I say, and he knows for a fact the reason I don't want to stay is because I'm terrified out of my mind. He laughs and walks out, and I follow him like a lost puppy. He pays the dude and goes to the kitchen with the food. I take Michael and Luke's food and bring it to them. I walk back and grab my food while Ashton has his and Calum's food.

"I'm just going to go eat upstairs." I say, walking toward the stairs.

"No, no, no." He says slinging me over his shoulder with one arm while holding both his and Calum's food in the other. It's amazing how I haven't spilled my own food yet.

"No! Ashton no!" I whine as he walks us back to the living room. "Please don't make me watch this!" I beg. He laughs and hands Calum his food before plopping me down on the couch. "Why are you forcing me to watch this?" I ask.

"Because it's funny watching you squirm." He states, giggling. Michael chuckles before paying attention to the movie again. I huff and pout as I eat my food. A few minutes later, there's another jump scare and I jump out of my skin, spilling my veggies and noodles onto my shirt. Ashton starts laughing his head off and I roll my eyes.

"This is your fault! You forced me to stay here and watch a terrifying as fuck movie!" I sulk. I pick up a noodle and plop it back into my box. I close it, even though I have half the box left, and set it on the coffee table. I grab a blanket and curl up under it so I can hide myself next time there's a jump scare.

After about 10 minutes there's another jump scare that makes me scream. I jump so far that I knock into Calum, making him spill a bit of his food.

"Fuck- shit- sorry." I stutter.

"It's all good." He chuckles, picking his chicken and noodles up and placing them back into the box before wiping his shirt and pants with a napkin.

"Dammit why am I such a klutz?" I ask myself quietly.

For the rest of the movie, I'd either hide under the blanket, or stuff my face into Ashton's chest. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth once the lights are turned back on.

"Never make me do that shit again." I say, walking upstairs. All I hear is laughing before I walk into my room.