When A Girl Comes Along

Azula sits on the front porch of her home gazing into the great beyond. Suddenly she's pushed forward and rolls down the couple steps there. She stands up quickly like a jack in the box popping out. Her sisters Amarilla and Rosada laughed viciously, Verde her old brother, scolds the three of them, "Grow up! Lets go". Amarilla and Rosada stuck their tongues out at Azula as they pass her by following Verde. Azula drags behind her sibling procession. She doesn't care for them as much as they dont care for her. Verde doesn't like his sisters at all. they aren't blood hell say when reprimanded for treating them badly. Azula and her sisters are adopted, Verde was the only one born biologically. He despises their differences. They all walk to school together. They are all roughly the same age. Azula and Rosada only being a year younger than Verde and Amarilla. Diego and Hugo see them coming down the street and walk up towards them. Diego and Hugo are in Verde and Amarilla's class. Diego comes up to Azula, "When are you going to let me take you out?" Azula sneers at him, "Diego I am 10... I could care less about boys or dating. Besides, how would you even take me out?" "Well..." Diego stammers, "My parents would drive us of course." Azula rolls her eyes at him, and pushes pass him. Theres new girl on the playground, Azula stops and stares, she points at the girl, "Who is that?" Rosado looks, "Its rude to point you know! That's a new girl. She's in my class. Her name is Luna Flores." Azula still staring at her when Luna notices her glare. Luna smiles and waves at her. Azula with her mouth gaped open, waves back. Luna briefly looks away, when Amarilla shoves Azula to the ground. "Rosada told you it was rude to stare." Azula groans, and rolls over on the ground, "She said it was rude to point." Amarilla kicks Azula in the side. "Staring and pointing are both rude. You need to mind your manners." The bells rings, and all the children file into their classes. But all Azula can think about is Luna. She couldn't help but envision Lunas light brown hair glistening in the sun light. And how her emerald green eyes sparkled. Luna was the prettiest girl Azula has ever seen. The bell rang for recess, and Azula looked down at her school work, she had achieved nothing. Azula brought her work with her to recess so that she could finish it. Luna continued to plague her thoughts, it was difficult to focus. Azula found her corner where it was just out of the peripheral vision of Amarilla or Diego. Azula tries to complete her school work. She gets onto a roll when suddenly a shadow covered her. She hesitates to look up, she doesn't want to entertain Amarilla anymore today. But a soft voice of an angel was heard, "Hello! I'm Luna." Azula looks up to see an angel seemingly descending from the sunlight. She puts her hand out, "I'm Azula." "Nice to meet you," Luna smiles, and shakes Azula's hand and then plops down next to her. "I saw you staring earlier this morning." Azula stammers, "I'm sorry, its just that you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Luna blushes, and smiles sweetly. "Thank you, I think you're pretty too." Azula heart melts as she could get lost in Lunas smile. "You want to be friends?" Azula's smile drops, and she looks down. "No body wants to be my friend." "Well I do. Luna Smiles at her. "What are you doing?" "Time got away from me, I need to finish my school work." "Aww Ill help." Luna leans into Azula's space, leaning on her shoulder. A sensation that Azula has never felt before ran through her. Luna smelled so wonderful. Azula tried to inhale her essence without her noticing. Luna started going over the school work and deciding answers. Astonished, Azula wonders how Luna knew the answers, Azula was one grade ahead of her. Luna looks up at Azula and smiles, "My brother is in your class." The bell rings, and all the students file back in their classrooms. Azula heart breaks as Luna popped up, "See ya later!" Azula just watched her skip away speechless, then returned to her class.

At the end of the school day, Azula looked for Luna when Rosado came out. But there was no sign of her. Amarillo came out of nowhere and pushed Azula, giving her a mean look. Verde came along and herded his sister along. Together they walked home like they do every day. Azula looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of Luna somewhere. Instead, she just got pushed around by Amarilla. After dinner Azula asked to be excused, and to go outside. Amarilla just glared at her as she left to go outside. Azula brought tin foil and flashlights out with her. She walked around the neighborhood climbing trees and replacing batteries of previous placed flash lights that were wrapped in tin foil strategically placed around the town. Azula looks up at the sky, she doesn't fit at home, she hopes her real parents come for her soon. Out of nowhere, Amarilla appears with one of her lasers in hand. "what's with the flash lights in tin foil?" Rosado emerges from behind with a worrisome look upon her face. Amarilla turned and sprinted down the street with Rosado in tow. Azula runs after her them, worried about the repercussions once Amarilla hits the porch. But she is not fast enough to catch up to them. Amarilla bursts through the front door yelling for their mother. By the time Azula made it to the door, her mother was standing there with one of her lasers crushed in her hand. She grabbed Azula by the hair and dragged her to the bedroom. She threw Azula on the ground and started yelling at her. "What on God's creation is this?" "Its a laser." "For what?" Azula watched as her mothers eyes turned from their hazel green to a deep fiery red. Azula's mother pulls out a belt, Azula whimpers, "Tell me what they are for!" her mother demanded. "They are for my real parents!" Azula covers her face for protection. Her mother has one hand raised in the air with belt grasped tightly therein, shock covers her face as her body tenses up. As her mother rains down the belt onto Azula's backside she shouts in unison with every stroke, "I am your mother, no one is coming for you. No one else will love you like I will." She leaves Azula in her room to cry on the floor.