Chapter 5

Chapter5 dtd 12/06/2019

Even during Payash's marriage functions Arnav tried his best to convince Khushi. She always gave him a cold shoulder. As usual his Man Friday came up with an excellent idea to solve it.

"ASR, are you sure about this girl, Khushi?"
Aman asked his boss cum friend.

"Yes Aman. Damn serious.  " Arnav said in a non nonsense tone.

"I have noticed her behaviour towards you. She doesn't even spare a glance at you.  With that kind of response you think this will work? How far have you planned to go with Khushi?" Aman questioned Arnav.

"Till the end of the world, Aman. But I want to know her more first. To learn more about her preferences in depth. Then the happily ever after will happen. I don't want anything more than having her forever in my life."

"How about you involve family too?"  Aman suggested.

"Family? As in?" He asked swaying side to side lazily in his chair. Both friends were having their friends moment in AR after the office time. 

" A formal marriage proposal!." Aman just like that gave Arnav a solution.

"She will kill me." Arnav said instantly sitting upright in his chair.

"Chillax. I think this will give a desired effect."

"But won't she feel me trapping her? Like manipulating or forcing?"

" Be positive Arnav. "

"Ok I will  talk to Payal." He said planning his conversation with Payal.

" Ya Payal can push the idea towards Guptas. "

A formal marriage proposal which came through Khushi's bestie who is also daughter-in-law of Raizadas shook the atmosphere of Gupta House.

"Khushi dear, it's such a good proposal. Think about it." Her parents tried to make their stubborn daughter understand.

"Mom,Dad  being independent and earn myself a decent carrier is my current aim.  I don't want any distractions."

"But Khushi, they have no problem with you continuing your plans for future. You can do this even after marriage. "

"Really Mom? You too had plans to study further. Did you got a chance?" Khushi argued.

"Khushi, it was my decision. After marriage you happened and I chose family over my career. But you don't have to. "

"Oh please mom. Don't try to convince me. It's India where we live. And in India the society and it's norms rules the people."

"What?" Her mother asked in confusion.

"After my marriage next question will be about me giving the "good news". I will be burdened with the expectations from the society. We, Indian girls, in the end always have to bow down before the society. Then very well I will make a decent career." Khushi said sarcastically.

Khushi somehow with her points almost convinced her parents against the proposal. Almost. Then came Arnav with his family to turn the tables.

" Khushi please.  I would never come between you and your dreams. You are free to live as you please. But please allow me to walk by your side in your journey. All I am asking is for a chance."  He literally pleaded.  She didn't like someone pleading to her this extent. But this guy is so stubborn. No matter how many times she disregarded him, he comes back with his speech about his feelings.

"Look, I am not ready to take up a new responsibility now. I can't marry now."

" That's fine. Let's get engaged now. The marriage will only happen when you want it you happen. I assure you none will pressure you."

"Hm okay. I have nothing else to do this Sunday. Let's get engaged then. " She put forth her condition to agree to the alliance.

" This Sunday? But today is already Friday. Why this hurry?  It will be difficult to invite the guests, the preparations, everything can't be done this fast. And the muhurat? Let's do it next week or week after that." Arnav suggested.

This engagement is precious for him. Don't know when will Khushi agree for marriage. Everything bonding them together is very special for him. Then how can he do it in hurry.

"I have enrolled for a carrier focus coaching. It's scheduled from coming Monday till 2 Mondays after. It's very important and  I can't afford to miss it. The days after that I will be busy with the practical exams.  So this Sunday or never."

"But Khushi?"

"It's not been ten minutes you assured you won't come in my path. And now you are acting against your words Raizada.

"Ok Khushi. Our engagement will happen this Sunday only."

When the date was disclosed, both families wanted some more time fir the engagement. This isn't a joke. So they wanted it to happen properly in an apt muhurat. Even though Arnav desired the same as their families, he convinced then to schedule the engagement for that Sunday only. This was just the beginning of him burying his desires to lend support for her. 

Thus Arnav finally managed to kick start his love story with Khushi. He was already acting like a perfect partner for her. But is she doing the same?

Khushi even though showed unaffected by the happenings. She was really worried about her career. As per her condition, to let this alliance happen, their marriage will only happen when Khushi is ready. Arnav had assured her that he will never come in between her and her dream career. Only after she achieve the same their wedding will happen. But her thoughts went some other way. She find Arnav better than any other proposal her parents had brought and would have brought to her. Atleast after agreeing to this proposal her family would stop nagging her. That's how Khushi agreed to Arnav's demand to do the engagement at least.

Over the time, the ring on her finger boosted Arnav's  hopes for a happily ever after whenever Khushi disappointed him with her stubborn nature. Be it a dinner or a simple coffee date she never agreed to his likes. It was like Arnav trying to prove his love and support to her and she staying frigid to all his sweet gestures to win her trust and love.

"Khushi can we go on a dinner date this weekend?"

" No.  I am going to revise my portions.".
.
.
.
"Khushi, however about a coffee this evening?"

" No. I have special classes."
.
.
.
"Khushi how about we all go a picnic during the Eid holidays?"

"No I have joined online classes. I have got it then.".
.
.
.

Arnav tried many times to get through her but she keep on sliding like jelly in his hands. Aman was always left stumped with the optimism Arnav showed in winning Khushi. No matter how many times she denied Arnav's attempts Arnav would bounce back to her with new ideas. 

Khushi always ignored Arnav. Nothing distracted her. She was damn focused on her goals no matter what explodes in front of her eyes.

When two 'right deeds' clash against each other, it's impossible to side either or defy either.

************

Fellas, this won't be a typical love story.
This one is surely that product of my totally confusing mind.

LoVe AryaARshi 😍 😍