00: It's time

00: It's time

"Hey, have you checked the news this morning?"

"Yeah, it looks like they're talking about the reincarnation project again. Something about how it's going."

I sighed with annoyance as everyone began to talk about that stupid project. It was declared to be the biggest one yet, "I'm starting to miss the conversations about school and exams and how much they hate the teachers." I grumbled.

"Who put raisins in your cookies?"

"This country.." I moaned, "I don't even understand the damn point in this "reincarnation project" its stupid and it's completely taken over the world?!"

"Chill out, " Lia sighed, "You just gonna have to accept the fact that reincarnation is indeed possible."

As I opened my mouth to retort to her statement our teacher walked in.

"All right class, sit down and be quiet and we'll continue to our lesson."

I mouth to Lia that we'll continue this conversation after school before focusing on another boring lesson that I'll forget about later.

--
After what it feels like to be years, school has ended for the day. Lia accompanied me on my route home.

"I'm just saying, when you die, you either go to heaven or hell. There's no in between when your soul travels through time and gets put into another fetus. Do you know how weird it would be to have a past life and suddenly your born brand new?" I claimed with a shrug as we waited at a crosswalk. I hate traffic hour.

"Well, obviously you won't remember your past life, stupid." Lia argued .

"And how would you know smart-ass? Have you died 100 years ago and was reincarnated into some moody teenager obsessed with the battle of James Charles vs Tati? Hashtag unsubscribed." I shot back, satisfied with Lia's slightly offended look.

"Hey! I'm not obsessed! I..I just like to take part of some good tea once in a while."

"Hmm, sure." I replied sarcastically.

"A-Anyway, what side do you pick." Lea asked curiously, our previous conversation long forgotten.

"James." I answered without hesitation.

"James?!" She exclaimed, "Why?"

I shrugged simply. I honestly don't care about what side to pick I just choose one but it is true that I didn't unsubscribe from his channel when the sister scandal happened.
"You have to be an idiot to pick his side. I for one to think that..."

"Y/N"

Lea's voice faded away as a gentle voice reached my ears. It seems as though everything went deadly quiet as it seems like time is running slow. I blinked my eyes with confusion as a bright light caught my attention. On the sidewalk just across the street stood a golden silhouette of a girl. I squint my eyes to get a better look.

"Y/N."

I narrowed my eyes as the voice called out to me again. I took a guess that the silhouette is the one that called my name. Her voice sounds like it's in distress and it gives me the sudden urge to tend to her needs.

"Your time has come, Y/N. To fulfill your destiny." The silhouette spoke again as she held out her hand.

Without the slightest thought, I walked forward as I held out my hand, not giving the slightest thought of my surroundings. I just know that I had to help her.

"It's time.."

"Y/N!"

Lea's scream broke me out of my trance as I widened my eyes, the golden silhouette was gone and I couldn't hear her gentle voice. The loud noise of a car honking caught my attention.

Before I could react properly, my body made impacted with the vehicle but before I could feel any pain, I blacked out. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything.

.
.
.
I couldn't feel anything.

" It's time to open your eyes, Y/N."