02: Towers and Pig men

"What are we going to do now?"'I whispered to Link who was crouching next to me.

We discovered that the temple wasn't what was pinpointed on the map. As we continue to follow the map, we quickly caught sight of what appears to be pig men huddled around a campfire with roasted meat being hanged over it.

"You're going to wait here while I go and kill them." Link instructed as he began to stand up.  Before he could leave, I grabbed his wrist causing him to look back at me.

"Wait, why are you always wanting to just jump into battle?" I hissed. I could tell that he's getting annoyed.

"Because I have the weapon." He answered as he pointed to the ax on his back. I forgot where he even got the thing, "Let go."

I sighed, "I should've known that you wouldn't be smart about this." I said as I let go of his wrist before standing up.

"What's that supposes to m--hey! Where are you going? Get back here." Link whispered yelled at my retreating form.

I stopped walking and turned around to face, "Just watch and learn, blondie." I said with a wink.

Woah, where's all this confidence coming from? It's scaring me.

I climbed up the stairs of the structure we were hiding behind. I looked towards Link who I can tell was screaming at me internally. I nodded to the boulder in front of me, then made a pushing motion, pointed to the explosive barrels, then made a mock explosion explaining the outcome of my little plan.

Link blinked once. Then twice before he finally understood my plan before climbing up to join me.

I smirked, "Have you come to the realization that my plan is better than yours?"

Link scoffed, "Don't get too full of yourself. I'm only helping because you're as stubborn as a mule." He said causing me to pout a little.

As we counted to three, we slowly pushed the boulder towards the ledge. With one final push, the huge rock came tumbling down towards the campsite. The monsters didn't even get to see it coming. I laughed as explosions took place before us. Once the smoke cleared, there was evidence of small fires as the pig men disappeared in purple smoke. Indicating that they had died.

"Wow." Link breathed, "That really worked."

"You say it like you didn't expect it to." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Because I didn't." The blonde confirmed, "I was pretty sure you were going to kill us."

"Oh please. Have some faith in me will ya?" I said, punching his arm playfully as we began to walk down towards the destroyed campsite. Surprisingly the cooked meat didn't suffer any serious damage, "And look. I managed to get us lunch."

"Here." Link said as he picked up a weapon one of the pig men had and tossed it to me. I managed to catch it after juggling it around, "Since there's going to be monsters roaming around, we need things to defend ourselves." I could tell that he was trying to sound professional.

I look at the weapon in my hands. It was a spear that the pig men hand created with wood and bones. I familiar feeling washed over me as I gripped the weapon tightly. Hesitantly, I began to take a stance and stab the air. I'm pretty sure I look ridiculous but at the moment that wasn't on my mind. Instead, I have questions.

"What are you doing?" Link's slightly judgmental voice snapped me out of my weird trace. He was staring at me as he held a bow he found.

"I don't know." I answered, "It just—I just feel like I've used a spear before. But I don't have any memory of using it." I continued to jab the air some more.