Runaways

{We always have a youtube video for mood music. Thanks!}

Dew's Perspective

It's a good time where you would think gods-have-mercy-on-us, and then the same voice says just-look-up-it's-not-gonna-change-anything.

Petrified, I looked over to my shoulder, as I feel Mara's cold, harsh stare and hear her booming voice. All the hatred packed in to that stare made me wobble a bit.

"FACE ME, YOU TRAITOR!" She screeched.

Oh for the gods' sake! I can't do this!

My anger at everyone exploded. I dropped the spear from the assistant boy's neck, David, and clenched on it, so tightly my knuckles started to look red instead of white. My fingers were digging through my palms so hard that it started to bleed.

The water fountain and all the cups full of water exploded. Water rained down like an out of control fountain. Everyone stared and stopped in their tracks, startled by the sudden outburst. As the water poured down, I shifted the spear in my hands, and pointed it straight at Mara.

I threw my spear backwards, as it slides off as I can hold its end at my hand. Immediately, water was gathered up in the air, forming a sphere out of pure water. I threw my spear forward near the blade as water scattered across the room, swirling and twisting to form mini spears. I could see it steaming, as I assumed it was as hot as fire. After it was formed, the water spears shot straight at Mara.

Mara grabbed the girl behind her as she pulls her to become her human shield. It's probably annoying to be one, as she screamed not in pain surprisingly, but seems like anger and frustration.

I could feel and see the sound waves being intensified as it shot through the mini spears. Instead of nullifying it, the damn thing BOUNCED BACK towards me.

I yelped, as the sound waves were about to reach me and so were the spears, and I tried to control it. Unfortunately, dear gods didn't take pity on me and it was too fast for me to dissipate it.

It dawned on me on what it was— counter. A move in which a human could control their life energy (or seishin, its the same thing), to manipulate frequencies either to bounce back or to nullify. In our case, it was bounce back. It is one of the moves an elite Delphinium defense learns.

Suddenly, a wall of thickets and trees grew in front of me, keeping the water from burning me. The fire temperature water was seeping and burning its way through the plant-wall, though.

"RUN!" Chocolate-haired-girl yelled, as another vine pulled the screaming-girl to safety.

We all started to run towards the emergency exit, which was near Chocolate-haired-girl's bed. Even the butterfly started to race towards the exit! He turned back into a human, though and started to run even faster.

"Oh dear! What about that assistant boy? If I can recall, his name's David since I saw his nametag! He's in the other side of the room with Mara!" Chocolate-haired-girl asked frantically. Should she really be concerned about him? I mean, he dropped my leg and my heel hit the floor. Maybe they're in some kind of relationship, i think it's very likely!

"THAT KID'S GONNA BE FINE!" I screamed. "WHAT IDIOT IS GOING TO BE STAYING AT MARA'S SIDE OF THE ROOM ANYWAYS?!"

"Are you sure?" Lila asked again, worried about him.

"YES, I'M SURE!" I retorted back.

We continued to run through the hospital, going through fire exit hallways, speeding through rooms and knocking down a lot of medical supplies. We numbed and trampled nurses, doctors, and even patients as we could hear Mara running after us. I ran into some chairs and saw an unattended jacket, and just grabbed it so I could use it for later. Gods, it was cold here!

Seeing the exit, all of us made a run for it as all of a sudden, assistant boy David appeared right in front of me, running backwards.

"Hey!" He said enthusiastically.

I jumped, "Gods, you scared me! How are you here now?!"

The boy suddenly started sweating, though the hospital was cold.

"What? Oh! funny story! okay, please don't tell anyone," His manner was suddenly serious.

"What?" I said, "You like to drop people's heels on bed for the fun of it? I sure think it is!"

He looked hurt. "I said I was sorry!"

"Okay, okay, I forgive you." I resisted the urge to face palm, "now, what is it?"

"Uh... since I'm... well basically... I can vanish... Wait, no. I think the right phrase for it is I can turn invisible," he whispered. I blinked.

"Come on, really?" I said eagerly, "Coward, no need to be afraid of that! That's cool, you're part of the Hisoki family! That explains why you could vanish— it's an exclusive Hisoki move. Lucky for you, you got a family."

His face broke into a nervous grin. "Oh, yeah. I just... can't tell anyone, you know what I mean?"

"Yep! After all, you're not the only one with secrets here," I said, smiled a little. He smiled back, and we followed everyone else out of the hospital, out towards the outskirts, even if we don't fully recover. The pain in my hip grew sharper as I ran, but my speed was still the same. I had no idea where to go, what to do, or why I was going with these random people. I did know one thing. There was only one direction to go.

And that direction was forward.

Chapter 4, Treehouse, will be released this Sunday!