Inside

{We always have a YouTube video for mood music. Thanks!}

Angelina's Perspective

After all that shaking, Lila passed out on the spot. Brian caught her and I helped him carry her inside.

"Hey, someone open the door?" I called out, panting.

Man, that girl is light, but her wings weigh a ton. Dew shook off her shock and opened the door for us. David was still frozen in shock.

"Aye David? Stop standing there like an idiot, and get in!" Dew yelled.

The inside revealed something I've never seen before.

The tree from outside looked so small, like a normal tree, but inside, the living room by itself was the size of a whole house—no, a mansion.

Lila shifted a little, and Brian and I almost dropped her. David came over to us and helped us carry Lila into the treehouse. We laid her gently on the couch, and almost fell into shock again. We stared in awe at the living room.

The couch was made out of dark wood, but was accompanied by fancy-looking silk pillows. I couldn't stop staring at it, until Brian yelled out, "Hey! You guys gotta come look at the kitchen! It's amazing!"

He already walked in to another room, and of course--all of us followed.

We all walked in the kitchen, as my eyes immediately caught the sight of a large space with multiple counters. As I walked in closer to get a better look, I noticed 3 different fridges, 2 ovens, and shelves, and shelves of food. They were all categorized like herbs, vegetables, fruits, spices—you name it.

I noticed David staring right the shelves, muttering, "I'm so hungry, I don't remember the last time I ate a decent meal... Oh! That bread looks good..."

"What would you like to eat, little one?" A voice said.

"Who's there?" Dew said, as she reached for her spear.

"Ooh! Finally! And I'm not little, okay? I'm 12 already!" David whined.

"David, if you need me to cook while Lila's resting, I can cook for you guys." The voice said, "Ooh—I'm your guys' invisible chef. Just kidding! We're up here."

We all looked up, as Dew pointed her spear upwards, "The hell is that?"

Sitting on a couple of thin branches, were four green ladies. They each looked similar, and had braided green hair with flowers and vines braided in. They all wore pure white togas, clipped with a golden leaf. The only difference between them was their eye colors and the live butterflies on their hair. One had blue eyes, one had purple, one had green, and the last one had pink. Each of the butterflies on their hair matched their eye color, which looked aesthetically pleasing. My eyes were locked into to theirs.

"Dew, you can put your spear down. Relax. Lila sent us." The same nymph says, as she signals with her hand to put it down.

"Excuse me, but who exactly are you guys?" Brian asked.

I cleared my throat, "I think these are nymphs... Didn't Lila say something about talking to nature and that stuff?"

The eldest looking nymph with blue eyes smiled, "Good job listening, Angelina! Someday, if you guys talk to a nymph, and not act like we're not here, us nymphs may be able to help you in a life or death situation."

"We're sorry! We wouldn't have noticed you if we hadn't looked up," I said, apologizing for these stupid people.

"Now, about that dinner..." David began.