4| Unexpected Proposal

Chapter-4 :

Meera Rao :

And the day is here, for which we have been waiting for so long, to give a final goodbye to our beloved college. The farewell day is here with excitement growing inside.

I woke up from sleep by alarm, dismissed it, and suddenly my phone rang. It's Shrestha.

"Hey, Meer! You woke up very early today! " She screamed in elation.

"Yeah! Yeah! Shre! I remember today's specialty. How will I forget?" I rolled my eyes.

"That's great! You are always lazy to do things and to wake up early. so I thought to wake you up, but you surprised me!" She laughed.

"I am not always lazy and am active according to the situation." I smiled.

"Oh, fine! Get ready fast and we all (me, Shre & Vicky) together will go to the college, we'll pick you up. Be ready." She instructed.

"Okay! Fine! I'll be ready! Bye!" I cut the call.

Then I got a quick shower and got dressed in a red crop top and lehenga because I love being traditional on special occasions.

I applied some mascara and got myself done with minimal makeup, grabbed the bag, walked towards the hall, and called Vicky.

"Hello, Vicky! I am ready. Where are you guys?" I asked.

"10 minutes, Meera! We are in the way." Vicky said.

"Fine!" I hung out the call and waited for them.

"You are looking pretty, Sweety!" My Mom complimented.

"Thanks, Mom" I giggled.

"So, today is the day! Enjoy it." Mom smiled.

"And yeah, Dad called me and told me that he is gonna return home tomorrow," Mom informed.

"That's good news, Mom!" I replied.

And then my friends arrived in a cab.

"Come on, Meer!" Shre shouted.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

"Bye, Mom! See you in the evening." I said and left with them.

We reached the college and started walking towards the venue.

The college is sparkling with different dresses and smiles of the students, taking selfies, laughing together, and of course, our Vicky's fan girls are getting magnetized by his looks.
He is looking very cool and good today by wearing a black blazer over a white t-shirt with jeans.
Shre dressed in a sweatshirt and cuffed jeans which made her look trendy.

And we reached the venue which is at the back side of the college building.

The party started with professors and lecturers giving some boring speeches but yeah, some were inspiring and emotional.
After all, they are our guides, and we always respect them, despite pranking them.

And then they conducted some small competitions like spot drawing, some funny games, etc which I am not at all interested in as well as my friends.
We just like to enjoy watching them playing and cracking some pranks and satires on them which we are well habituated to.

The lunchtime is on so we just attacked all the food stalls which consisted of different and varying dishes.
We had whatever we wanted to, had dessert, and had some drinks along with laughs and whispers.

And then we went back to the venue while they started honoring the guests and then rewarded the academic champions which we were never interested in as we were all average candidates.
It's now the time for some party, with DJ switching on the music and all are swinging and dancing to the tunes.

We also shook our legs as we were getting mad, enjoying all with our hearts, dancing on.

Suddenly I felt someone calling my name.
Oh, wow! I have such a good hearing sense that I got to hear amidst loud music. Great! I turned back to see who it was!

It's Rishi! Our classmate, with whom we are not well acquainted.

"Hi, Meera! How are you?" He asked tensed.

"Hello, Rishi! I am good!" I answered hesitantly.

"So. Can I have your time, please? I have something important to tell you." He asked with beads of sweat covering his face.

Something important? I hardly know him and he suddenly saying all this now. It's really weird!
Along with me, both of my friends were shocked and exchanged glances with one another.

"About what?" I asked confused.

"I will tell. Come with me once," He said hesitantly.

He wants to talk about it in private but what is it? My head is bursting now!

"Okay! Fine" I told him and looked towards my friends signaling them that it was alright, they nodded their heads although looking baffled.

Then we walked away from the crowd and stopped at a certain spot.

"So, what's the matter?" I asked in nervousness.

"Whatever I am going to say is very important and valuable to me so don't take it the wrong way." He told hastily.

God! This boy is frightening me. What is he going to say? And why is it valuable to him? And why shouldn't I take it the wrong way? What's happening?

"Why are you saying that, what's the matter, Rishi?" I raised the tone.

"It is that.."
My heartbeat is fastening now...

"Don't know how will you react to it but I am going to say it now. I love you, Meera. I have had this feeling since the start of our college. I have no answer if you ask the reason. But It's not a crush, Meera. It's deep. I have been madly in love with you for four years. Being a huge introvert, I don't express my feelings easily with anyone but I am scared of losing you for a few days, as we are going to leave this campus.
So I wanted to confess my feelings today. Trust me, Meera! I will do whatever I can to make you happy. I know it is late to confess this as I always have a fear of rejection."

Listening to his confession
my eyes widened. My jaw dropped. Sweat occupied my whole body, I stood there as if my foot got hooked to the ground, making me immensely shocked.

Out of all his words. His last line is what made me more puzzled, more related, trembling my whole body so I stood there like a statue.

The fear of rejection.

Author's Note:

So guys! How is the chapter???

How is Rishi's confession?
I am sure, you are as shocked as Meera!

So, why is she more connected to that last line?

Will she accept him or not?
If not, what's Rishi going to do!!!

To know more, stay connected with the story.

Please vote if you like the story.