7| New Hopes & Disappointment

Chapter-7 :

Meera Rao :

Since I have finally decided to end it, at least I want to try to do it, I felt some lightness in my heart, though I have several questions about fulfilling that.

With all these thoughts and questions, sleep slowly occupied me as my mind felt exhausted.

In the morning, I started to gain consciousness by hearing Dad's faint voice, probably talking with Mom. Feeling happy that Dad was back, I woke up to greet him, then suddenly, the words I started to listen to, astonished me and turned my eyes wide. I cleared my ears in disbelief to hear properly.

He is talking about Mr. Kumar who is none other than the father of Harsha. That excited me and to my surprise, I can't stop smiling. But when I recalled my last night's decision, I started to calm down and walked to the hall.

"Dad! You are back!" I hugged him.

"Yes! How are you, Sweety? I missed you, my little girl." Dad hugged me back, kissing my forehead.

"Fine, Dad! Even we missed you too!" I smiled and he nodded.

So, now. Like a detective, I should know the context of talking about Mr.Kumar. Wait, my poor mind! I missed the simple logic that there can be various persons with the same name.
But, I want to know the whole story!

"So, Dad! What are you talking about earlier? You took someone's name!" I asked with curiosity, also calming my excitement in the way.

"Yeah, Sweety! Do you remember Mr.Kumar? Our neighbors in the last city! I accidentally met him at my colleague's retirement party, which was the main purpose for my departure. Mr.Kumar is a friend of my colleague, so he came there and we met and talked about a lot of things." My Dad explained.

So..it's true that he was the one I thought a minute before. Excitement and happiness overflowed inside me. Finally, after four years, we got some information about his family..that's shocking yet soul-soothing! Everything is God's grace!

"Oh, him! I remember Dad and that's unbelievable to know some information about them." I exclaimed raising my eyebrows with a grin, acting nonchalant.

"Of course, yes! Even I was thrilled and amused to meet him after several years. He is the same as before in his behavior!" He smiled.

The actual thing that I wanted was not approaching and I felt upset.

"What about Mrs. Kumar and their children? What are they doing now?" Mom questioned.

You are just amazing Mom, love you, you are the best. You just read my mind. I giggled silently.

"Yeah. That's the important thing.."

What's important? Why important? Several questions strike my mind.

"His daughter completed her studies. His son is a Software Engineer and got posted in our current city so he said that they would move in here in three days." Dad spoke out.

Listening to this, my eyes started to spark like headlights feeling as if I was flying.

This is unexpected and unbelievable. He is going to come here. I can meet him again thus making my dormant hopes rise again. Oh, God! Is this a miracle?

Feeling overwhelmed with happiness, my eyes clouded with happy tears but I hid it anyway.

Suddenly, yesterday's decision poked me and I turned sad. But this moment is what I am waiting for! I should not change my mood. I reassured myself. I should enjoy this moment.

And Dad's words interrupted my thoughts. "He also asked me to advise any vacancies in our area.
Then I remembered the vacant house in our street and insisted on him and he said that he would check about that by coming here.
Thus we had a good talk and felt delighted that we were going to meet them again." He concluded.

"Wow, that's good, we can meet them again and can live by the neighborhood like before." Mom expressed satisfaction.

Yes..we can live together again. That made me immensely happy and excited! Finally, my wish is going to happen! But that doesn't mean I broke my decision. And I don't want to be misled that he is gonna love me. I am just going to meet him and that's more than enough for me, for now!

So, by all those thoughts, I slept well that day with hope and contentment.

******

It's been five days since I listened to the most unbelievable yet happiest news and day by day my hopes started to drop slowly and my patience started to disappear. I once again got tense and depressed, as there was no information about their shift to this city. They didn't even call us and are not sure about their moving to this city. Mom asked Dad to call them to which he refused.

Again and again! I am losing control! My all hopes and excitement are collapsing. It's my fault to raise new hopes, my fault to outgo my decision. It's not going to be fine. I am a fool to trust fate again! It will not happen!

I am going mad and tears are not ceasing. But yeah, fate gave the best lesson by slapping my expectations. Actually! I don't accuse fate! It's my sole fault! I am the one who is responsible for my mental state.

I thought to go the park to get some peace!

"Mom and Dad! I wanna go to the park now. Please let me go! I will be back soon. Please!" I pleaded by hiding my tears.

"But what happened, Sweety?" Dad asked worriedly.

"Nothing Dad! Just like that." I fake smiled

"Okay, fine! Be safe!" Dad permitted.

"Thanks, Dad" I gave a tight-lipped smile.

I started to walk fast, very fast like I should catch something, like someone was chasing me! And tears are flowing like there is no end to them.

I was in the middle of the distance and suddenly I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, turned to see someone unexpected.

Author's Note :

So how is the new chapter?

What do you think Meera will do to rebound herself?

And

And Good news!!!

Something exciting is on the way!

Stay connected with the story!!!

Will feel happy to listen to to your views through comments!

And please vote if you like the story..!