To Kill The Bastard

Olivia

My lips were still tingling even as I shamelessly cried with my hands cupped over my face.

My bag had fallen from my hand somewhere between being held captive and my outburst. I must have looked a mess.

"Olivia." Shayne husked.

Her voice seemed to lessen my sobs, and in the next moment, I felt her pull my hands away from my face.

Tears still poured as I looked up into concerned hazel eyes. I probably looked terrible with my ruined makeup, but Shayne didn't look bothered. She held both of my cheeks and tilted my head to advantage her height.

"I'm getting the impression there's something you're not telling me. What happened? And who was it?"

The wild hunger I'd seen in her eyes was gone and replaced by deep concern; a hint of rage as well.

I had to tell someone, and the only person that had come to mind had been Shayne. I would never have had the courage to tell my mother. And though I've established new friendships, trust was still to be gained.

"Gideon Pierce." I bit my lip to stop my sobs. "H-he . . . he tried to—"

I didn't get a chance to finish when Shayne pulled away, briefly shutting her eyes while her jaw clenched.

She slowly turned and walked to her sleek mahogany desk. "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday." My sobbing stopped and I curiously watched her with her back facing me.

She unclasped her watch and carefully set it down.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

The calm and icy tone caused my skin to crawl with awareness. "I-I thought you didn't want to talk to me."

"Mmmm. Where did it happen?"

She undid the knot on her tie and slid it off her neck, setting it aside with the watch.

"In his office. He summoned me and I thought he wanted to discuss our next photoshoot," I quickly said, afraid she'd assume I'd initially wanted attention from Gideon Pierce.

"I see. How far did he go?"

I couldn't answer her question. It was too embarrassing to voice.

The silver signet ring on her left pinky was next to come off, followed by the silver dog tag chain around her neck.

"Olivia, answer the damn question." She was still frighteningly calm.

"He hadn't gotten the chance to actually do it, I managed to get out. That's all you need to know." He'd ripped my shirt and groped my bare breasts, but that was information I wasn't going to share, ever.

"So he simply looked at you, and you assumed his intentions were to force himself on you." The cufflinks came off.

My heart lurched at her accusation. "I'm many things, but I'm not a liar! And neither am I telepathic, Shayne. If I'd known what his plans were then I wouldn't be here like this. All you have to know is that he . . . he made me feel helpless." A sob escaped through my lips as I watched her turn and walk towards me.

"Don't worry, I'll ask him myself." Hazel eyes that were verging on murderous stared back at me. She rolled up the sleeves of her shirt and revealed her sinewy tattooed forearms.

I pressed my hand against her chest to stop her. "Shayne, where are you going?"

"To kill the bastard."