disappearance [5]

Things were kinda back to normal. Deuce and I spent alot more time together, but he still acted a little strange. I was at his house more often. He helped me keep my grades up. And that was the excuse I told my dad whenever he asked me about it. I knew I shouldn't be really telling him anything but..I knew what would happen if I just ignored him, that was way worse than no answer. 

I couldn't really think straight, staring at the text book I front of me, I just couldn't focus. I grabbed some more tissues for my bloody nose, sighing. I hate my life like this. A life of hurt. I didn't really let those thoughts get to me. I played some music and kept reading.

I wasn't paying attention as Deuce explained something to me.
"Daniel?"he shook me slightly, I looked up
"Hm?"

"Did you hear anything I said?"

"Oh, sorry I wasn't paying attention-"

"Cmon, I explain to you 3 times already!" Deuce looked disappointed, I mumbled an apology. We finished up and the day went on slowly. I didn't have energy for anything at all.

Going home was hell. I walked in to yelling and everything was immediately turned to me, I had no idea what was going on. I was sent to my room with a probably broken wrist.

This wasn't going well.

1 week

2 weeks

3 weeks

4 weeks.

When I turned on my phone it had been blown up by Deuce and the others. I hadn't messaged them or even be at school for those 4 weeks. I knew I'd have to explain everything when I got there. I signed, putting the phone away as I walked.

When I arrived at school the first thing I noticed was Deuce with George and Jordon, Deuce kicked his red ball, he looked horrible. Jordon noticed me first and immediately pointed me out. I stood still as the three of them ran towards me, hugging me. I was surprised.
"Where have you been?!" Deuce asked once he let go.
"My dad. He was abusive..one night it went too far, he got arrested and me and my mom were in the hospital for a while then we needed to recover" I explained, they stared at me, i couldn't read their expressions.
"Danny..I'm so sorry" Deuce started, I wanted to make him shut up but he went on "I always had a feeling you were in danger all the time.." his voice trailed off.
"Its fine Deuce, I'm free now"

We went on with our day like normal, some kids curious as to why I wasn't at school for 4 weeks. I had to tell then that I wasn't comfortable talking to them about it. Mostly because I had no fuckin idea who they were.

I really felt better as I was finally with my friends again. The people that make me so happy. We laughed as we had donuts while our moms talked. Life was good now. Hopefully it could stay that way, but somehow I knew, it wouldn't

-------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry if it's short or just boring and quick or whatever. I just got my new phone and I'm kinda slow, lazy and overworked. QwQ