42 - The Knife

The next morning soon came and as Sandor and Arya travelled, they came across four men, Frey's most likely, who were sitting around a campfire laughing and making wailing noises as a form as mockery. Arya had assumed it was about her mother because as they rode past, minding their own business, Arya had jumped down when the mention of a Greywind's head being attached to Robb's body.

Sandor watched the young Stark girl walk up behind one of the men, a look of innocence on her face as the men looked to her.

Sandor overheard her saying that she was hungry and if she could keep warm by the fire but when one of the men had told her to fuck off, taking a swig out of a canteen, she insisted she had money.

She pulled out a large silver coin, one that Sandor had not seen before but Alia had when Arya was talking about what happened to her in Harrenhal and presented it forward to the Frey.

He looked at her, then to the coin and looked closely with a look of confusion.

"What kind of coin is that?" He asks sceptically.

"It's worth a lot." She answers but when the man goes to reach out for it, she purposefully drops it to the floor.

"Little shit." He grumbles, leaning over to grab the coin but as he does, Arya screams out loud and drives a knife into the mans neck several times causing the remaining men around the camp fire to withdraw their swords and strike at the girl but Sandor jumped in the way, punching one man square in the jaw and knocking him to the ground where he easily cut through the other two men with ease.

He looks down at the man who he had punched, seeing him start to scamper away but he places his large boot on the small of his back before he can stand and grabbed him by the back of the neck and lifting him off the ground, his feet no longer touching the floor.

"Lady Alianora Crow... Seen her?" He asks the Frey as he wriggles under the burned mans grasp.

"W-who?"

"Alianora Crow! Scarred woman, was at the wedding where you butchered Lady Catelyn Stark and the King in the North." He growled in the mans ears, wanting answers as he pushes his large sword into his back, threatening to strike him down right then and there.

The man laughs, making Sandor grow angry and pushed his blade further into the mans back, demanding an answer.

"Stupid bitch is dead. Like the rest of them. Came charging in all high and mighty but we pinned her down, stripped and raped her bloody before slitting her throat just like the bitch mother!" He snarls sinisterly.

Sandor's blood ran cold at his words and he looked over his shoulder to look at Arya, knife still in her hand and she looked into the Hounds eye, a look of great sorrow at the news of Alia.

Sandor impaled the man with his sword, blood spluttering out of the Frey's mouth as he falls to the ground.

Arya turned to look at the man she had killed. The only man she had killed and most likely not to be the last.

"Where did you get the knife?" Sandor breaths, as he walks up behind Arya looking at the back of her head as she lifts the bloody knife in her hand.