The Roommate

"Bea, I'm home!" you called, shutting the door behind you.

Ah, the familiar creaking of the floor boards.

Your apartment wasn't the best, but it was still home. The old floor boards and squeaking doors never got to you, on your bad days. And luckily, today was a good day. 

Glad to be home after your long trip to Buffalo, you went straight to your bed, sleep threatening to take over any minute. 

"Hey, [Y/N]," Bea said, distracting you from that much needed nap.

Even though you tried, throwing a pillow at her wouldn't make her go away. 

Grunting, you gave in, "What is it now?" 

"Oh you know you love my stories," she stated.

"Whatever."

"Anyways, we are going out tonight."

"What, why?" you exhaled, "I just got home, Bea. Couldn't this wait till tomorrow?"

"Nope. Now," she paused, throwing the pillow that was on the floor back at you, "I'm being quite nice actually. We aren't leaving till nine, so that gives you three hours to take a nap before we have to get ready."

"You're so kind," you mumbled, rolling over.

You closed your eyes, not bothered by all the noise Bea was making by going through your closet. You could hear her pick out a few different shirts before tossing them onto the chair in your room for you to have options later. You heard her make her way to the door, whispering 'I know right' as she left.

And with that, you were able to slip into the welcomed dream state.

---

...It worked. It really worked! And he said it couldn't be done!...

...This system is a rather very intelligent one. Wait. Just A. Yes!...

...J...

...A...

...R...

...V...

...I...

...S...

...Now all that's left is to program the name into the computer. Easy. Just a simple one two- except for the fact that Jane's coming over in ten minutes. And it'll take fifteen to get ready. Great. Just great. Well hopefully the outfit is already picked out. Black with a red tie, right? Or was it blue?...

The voice drifted off, the fifteen minutes running out. Since the voice had gotten quieter, it was able to appear during your dreams without waking you. However, it would normally cause the dream to disappear, leaving only darkness and the voice. This time, you saw something. A small, flashing white light. And even though it was small, you remembered it-even after you woke up.

---

You awoke in a cold sweat, shivering. 

"Jarvis?" you whispered, so quiet you barely even heard it. But you did, and it scared you. You didn't know why you said it or where it came from, but there it was in the corner of your mind, like a flashing sign, screaming at you to recognize it. But you didn't. So you went to the one place you knew would have the answer: the internet.

Wrapping a blanket around your frigid self, you scrambled to your desk. 

As you waited for your computer to start up, you ran your hand across the old wood surface. As a gift from your mother for graduation, you've had it for almost fifteen years. Although it was getting old, you couldn't bear to throw it away- it meant too much to you. Your mother had it specially made from one of the pine trees from the Christmas tree farm your family owned. 

The computer chimed, signaling that it was fully functional. Opening Google, you searched for the word, wondering what it could mean. 

The results were disappointing, consisting of a physical therapy office in Arizona and a subway station in Chicago. Discouraged, you turned the computer off and went to make your way back to your bed, but something caught the corner of your eye. Your head turned and saw the outfits Bea chose. 

"Shoot," you sighed. You forgot about your plans. 

After a few seconds of debating if it was really worth it, you decided that you would get ready to go out.

Heading to the bathroom, you screamed, "This better be worth it!"

After a few seconds, you heard Bea's clever comeback through the bathroom door.

"When is it not?"

~~

sorry if this sucks, I'm tired, kinda stressed, and had major writers block today. Anyways, Tom Hollands birthday is tomorrow! Please make sure to wish my lil baby a happy birthday!!

And in case you guys don't know who Bea Miller is and would like to know what she looks like, I'll insert a gif below:

And I wrote this while listening to her album Aurora and I l o v e it.

question for you guys:

Who is your favorite super hero? 

my answer would have to be Spiderman. Iron Man is a very close second though.

(this isn't edited lolz)