The Assassin

As you slept, memories from your childhood played through your mind. There was one from your first day of kindergarten, where you met Bea, and another from when you were in eighth grade, when your grandfather passed away. The first one brought you joy, recalling the way you shared your peanut butter and jelly sandwich with her since she forget her lunch. The second one contradicted the first one, bringing sadness and anguish, the memory of losing a loved one too hard to bear. It brought tears to your eyes -the images of seeing your grandpop laying on the hospital bed, finally at peace- and your sub-conscience decided that you've went through enough. 

You awoke with a start, the sound of the heart monitor flat lining still in the back of your mind. For a few moments you forgot where you were, until you saw the 'Stark Industries' label on the computer. You felt a pair of eyes watching, so you surveyed the room until you saw a dark figure leaning against the door frame.

"JARVIS turn on the lights," they spoke, moving towards you. Something stirred in your mind at the sentence, wondering where you knew that name from. 

They reached your bed, sitting in the chair Clint once sat in. There was silence as you tried to figure out what to say. 

"He always talks about you," she whispered. Her gaze was set on something behind you, as if she was remembering something from another time. 

You weren't sure how to respond to that, so you stayed silent. Her eyes finally met yours, and you could see a hint of nervousness in them. On the outside she was composed, like she had been trained to handle more stressful situations than this, so you didn't understand how you could make her nervous. 

"He always said that you were the 'best friend a guy could ever have.' He would talk for hours on end about the stupid things you two would do together that you both thought was absolutely hilarious. It's almost impossible to get him to shut up about you," she sighed. You could tell that she was hesitant about saying something but you didn't want to push her. 

She broke from your gaze once more, finding the same spot on the wall as last time. "When the Loki situation happened, I thought about telling you. I wanted to tell you, but he said that he wanted to keep this life and you separate. He didn't want you to have to deal with the drama." She reached over and grabbed your hand, squeezing it gently. 

"He told me how it affected you. I'm so sorry I never told you, I was trying to respect his wishes."

You squeezed back, somehow finding the right words to say. "It wasn't your fault. You were just doing what he asked of you." 

She smiled gently and pulled her hand away. 

"I'm Natasha."

"[Y/N], but I think you already know that," you smiled.

And if Clint was walking past your room and did a little dance at seeing the two most important people in his life getting along, no one had to know. 

xx

Well hey, I finally updated. and I actually kind of like this chapter. I think writing this made me realize that it feels nice to write and it doesn't stress me out so I should write more often. sorry its super duper short but at least its something, right?

WHO'S READY FOR PHASE FOUR BABY????!!!!! (the only thing I'm kind of worried about is the fact that doctor strange in the multiverse of madness is supposed to be a horror film-cuz i can't handle horror for shi.t- but it also intrigues me so idk dude). AND THOR LOVE AND THUNDER (not totally digging the name, but whatever) WITH A LGBTQ VALKYRIE AND THE BLACK WIDOW MOVIE AND THE FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER SHOW AND HAWKEYE AND LOKI AND MAHERSHALA ALI AND JUST EVERYTHINGGGGGG OMG. IM SO READYYYYY (but I really wanted spiderman 3 to be included because I NEED TO KNOW HOW FLASH REACTS AFTER THE MIDCREDIT SCENE but ig im fine ;(

*Still want to do the author q and a so please leave questions!! I know, I'm desperate. But if it makes you feel any better it won't be until I update five more chapters so hopefully no A/N's for a while*

Also, a little life update; my best -and only- friend got a boyfriend so now i get to spend less time w her so i either need to a) get more friends or b) find a boyfriend (it will probably end up being c which is to spend more time alone by myself wallowing in self hate :))

qotc: what are you most excited about in phase four 

ma: idk dude probably all the things mentioned above

Thank you for 20k reads!!! the last time i updated an actual chapter I only had 4.7k and it's crazy!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I really appreciate your support!!