The Unquiet Dead - I

We're back with the Protector! This is not the most exciting episode ever in my opinion, personally, it just exists for me and at one point I couldn't even remember it was an episode... oops.

Let's get into it!

---

"Hold that one down!" The Doctor barked as the whole TARDIS shook, the empty bag of chips the Protector had just finished minutes ago fell onto the floor.

"I'm holding this one down," Rose replied.

"Well, hold them both down." He huffed.

"It's not going to work." The Protector shook her head, stumbling past Rose as the console shook and pulled the other lever down. She gritted her teeth as the TARDIS fought back. Of course it was going to fight her, the Doctor didn't like her therefore the TARDIS didn't either.

The Doctor huffed. "Oi! I promised her a time machine and that's what she's getting." He narrowed his eyes at the Time Lady before looking at Rose. "Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?"

"What happened in 1860?" Rose asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged, "let's find out. Hold on, here we go!"

The TARDIS shook and the three would have been thrown around the entire console room had they not been tightly holding on.

"Blimey!" Rose exclaimed with a laugh as the TARDIS stopped shaking. The Protector straightened, smoothing out her jacket before checking the console wasn't damaged at all with how much force the Doctor had been using with it.

"All good?" The Protector asked as Rose and the Doctor stood up from where they had fallen.

"Yeah. I think so." She nodded. "Nothing broken." She looked to the Doctor. "Did we make it? Where are we?"

"I did it." He nodded. "Give the man a medal." He then read off the scanner, "Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860."

"I did it?" The Protector repeated with a frown. "Excuse me?"

"Well, it is my time machine." He narrowed his eyes. "And if he hadn't touched her like I told you not to we wouldn't have been thrown around. You're not her Pilot, I am!"

"Without me, you two would still be floating in the vortex!" She laughed angrily. "Neither of you could reach that lever, gods know how you managed on your own before."

The Doctor huffed. "I managed and am managing just fine thank you."

"Sure you did." She rolled her eyes.

Rose looked to the Doctor after the two stopped bickering. "Wait, did you say December 24th?"

"Yeah."

"That's so weird. It's Christmas."

The Doctor nodded to the doors of the TARDIS. "All yours."

"But, it's like, think about it, though." She began walking to the doors. Christmas. 1860. Happens once, just once and it's gone, it's finished, it'll never happen again except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand sunsets ago. No wonder you never stay still."

"Yeah." The Protector frowned. "It's not such a bad life."

"Better when you're not on your own, right?" Rose said to the Doctor, glancing at the Protector for a second, the Time Lord grumbled slightly as Rose smiled. "Come on, then." She went to open the doors of the TARDIS

"Where do you think you're going?" Rose asked.

"1860."

"Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella. There's a wardrobe through there." He pointed to the hallway of the TARDIS. "First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left."